Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Care package ideas?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a friend who has suffered 9 miscarriages over the past 6 years or so due to various immunological issues. She has 3 lovely children, but they were working on trying for one more. They just got word from her insurance company yesterday that the expensive treatments she would need to help protect another tiny baby (which have to be started before they even conceive) will not be covered. This means there is very little chance for them to ever try again, which is just devastating for them, especially since they'd be ending on a very low note after 2 miscarriages this year already. 

I'm going to be seeing her this weekend as she and her family are coming to visit (they live 2 hours away). I'd like to put together a care package for her - do you ladies have any suggestions? I'm thinking of some highly practical stuff like tylenol/naproxen and redness reducing eye drops because she's just been crying her eyes out for the past 12 hours. I know she probably already has these things, but to me they say "I know this is *real* and you're crying real tears and the little things matter". I'm thinking some teas and coffee and such as well. Any other ideas? 

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Peregrine
by Carrie on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this
One of those gel eye masks and some tissues?
nmartin15
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM

does she have any hobbies? maybe include something for that to help her relax and spend time to herself. so sorry for your friend. definitely like the gel eye mask, eye drops and teas/coffee

CDW75
by Candi on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Maybe a journal, doesn't have to be fancy a composition notebook would work. Writing is therapeutic for many.

Many thoughts for her and her family.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
A bottle of wine and her favorite chocolate bar.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Awe I'm sorry for your friend. I can't imagine having to stop after losses, that is a sad ending. I hope the visit went okay. I would have added choclate too :)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Oh gosh my heart is breaking for your friend :( I can't imagine going through all of those losses and then finding out you wont be able to try again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN