Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Postpartum Depression after (2) second trimester miscarriages

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't know if this is what I have but I find myself not caring about anything. This is not fair to my other two children; but I don't. I don't want to get out of bed and when I do I just move from bed to the couch. I make supper because I have to not because I want to. I am off on maternity leave so I don't have to go to work. I have homework to do and I pick the book up and just sit it back down and walk away.

I blame myself, I should have waited longer to try after my first loss. I was selfish, I was completely content with my first lost and I got pregnant again, child shielded the pain and helped it easier to be content with my first loss, and now I am back to step one but with two babies gone and I am lost. I don't want to function.

I should be a mother of 4 boys not just 2... I am just wanting to go away.

I was told today by my MIL that I need to see a doctor because she is worried about me. My own mother isn't worried about me, so should I call my physician for possible post parturm or what?

New loss should be buried tomorrow next to his big brother, atleast they will be together and won't be alone.

Feeling lost and not sure which way to turn, this isn't fair I have done no wrong to anyone, so why me? why must I get to feel this much pain... I help everyone, I am there for everyone, why can't I just have my babies?

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lulys37
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Hi girl I know exactly what you are going through, I had a miscarriage a month ago and was exactly in your shoes. I have been pregnant 7 times with only 3 girls to count for. Some people might say hey at least you have three children. But that is not the point. before my first daughter I lost 2 baby boys. Both were 2 and trimester pregnancies. I gave up on myself for a year and wasn't planning to get pregnant anymore it was so devastating having to go through this. I then again gave birth prematurely to my first live daughter at 29 wks. All my pregnancy was so scary. I didn't think of having more children 8 years later I got pregnant with my 4th pregnancy unexpected witch i lost at 11 wks. 5 months later i got pregnant with my second live daughter (5th) pregnancy another hard pregnancy premature birth at 31 weeks. My 3rd live daughter a total surprise came along 2 years later hard pregnancy again. Only one that was born full term (6th) pregnancy. My last pregnany just ended about 1 month ago. (7th) pregnancy that totally messed me up. Hit depression. Would do the same thing you do from the bed to the sofa. Had to make dinner. My eldest 13 would feed them breakfast and watched them while I sleeped my pain away. 2 wks passed when I finally realized they needed me. And I was supposed to he there for them and I wasn't. I knew that with all my pain they were feeling it to. They told their Daddy why does mom sleep to much we miss her, that same day as I was showering it hit me I told myself they need me and I need to be strong. Sorry for my whole life story. Try to be Strong for your 2 Little boys they need you.
LadyHawk_13
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM
I got pregnant last July with four babies and we lost the first two at 6 weeks. Then at almost 21 weeks we lost our daughters all in the same pregnancy. I went through a period of depression an still deal with it just not as bad. I finally talked to my doctor and she gave me something for it. That helped to get me back to normal.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM
I would call the doctor for sure. Could potentially be postpartum, could also be mothers grief, both overwhelming! I know ladies in here have had good success with meds. I wouldn't hesitate, you shouldn't have to suffer through.

(((Hugs)))
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I'd call the dr. Can't hurt. :-( hugs
wwemom84
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Thank you for your story makes me feel better that I am not alone and you understand I think I am going to wait about a year.

Quoting lulys37: Hi girl I know exactly what you are going through, I had a miscarriage a month ago and was exactly in your shoes. I have been pregnant 7 times with only 3 girls to count for. Some people might say hey at least you have three children. But that is not the point. before my first daughter I lost 2 baby boys. Both were 2 and trimester pregnancies. I gave up on myself for a year and wasn't planning to get pregnant anymore it was so devastating having to go through this. I then again gave birth prematurely to my first live daughter at 29 wks. All my pregnancy was so scary. I didn't think of having more children 8 years later I got pregnant with my 4th pregnancy unexpected witch i lost at 11 wks. 5 months later i got pregnant with my second live daughter (5th) pregnancy another hard pregnancy premature birth at 31 weeks. My 3rd live daughter a total surprise came along 2 years later hard pregnancy again. Only one that was born full term (6th) pregnancy. My last pregnany just ended about 1 month ago. (7th) pregnancy that totally messed me up. Hit depression. Would do the same thing you do from the bed to the sofa. Had to make dinner. My eldest 13 would feed them breakfast and watched them while I sleeped my pain away. 2 wks passed when I finally realized they needed me. And I was supposed to he there for them and I wasn't. I knew that with all my pain they were feeling it to. They told their Daddy why does mom sleep to much we miss her, that same day as I was showering it hit me I told myself they need me and I need to be strong. Sorry for my whole life story. Try to be Strong for your 2 Little boys they need you.
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I think it's very normal. I lost my second daughter at 13 weeks. My husband and I struggled and were very depressed for weeks...months. Long past the time people thought we should be heavily grieving. We just struggled to care about anything outside of clinging to each other and our daughter in our grief. Work didn't matter, household responsibilities didn't matter, the world didn't matter. If I had to do it with the pregnancy after too? Not sure how I would have pulled myself out of it. I may have needed professional help at that point to manage my grief.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

*hugs* loss is tough to process because you don't really get the answers you need. It does sound like depression. I would call your doctor and talk to them about anti-depressants.  That can really help stable your mood but I would also look into counseling (miscarriage/grief specialty) to help you through this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN