Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Groin pain?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sorry to make a second post.

Is groin pain common following a m/c? My midwife confirmed today that I miscarried sometime within the last week. I was between 5 or 6 weeks when it happened. Yesterday I started getting horrible pain near my right groin, going down into my thigh a bit too. The pain is still there today. I don't think it's a cyst or tubal because I had a regular and transvaginal ultrasound on my uterus and ovaries today to check fetal growth and rule out ectopic. I can't really find much when I look online about groin pain associated with miscarriages. 

So... anyone else go through this? Should I go in if it lasts too long?

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't hesitate to make as many posts as you want! That's what this board is for.

Are you bleeding? Has the bleeding stopped? I had radiating thigh pain, as the cramping built up and I was heading into the time frame where my body was expelling everything. If that has already happened, and you're still having that type of pains, I would start by calling and at least letting the doctor know. If it persisted, I would go back, get checked...just to rule out things like retained tissue.
BrewersNation
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Yesterday I was bleeding but it was a light flow. Today it was brown discharge. The groin pain is still there as well.

BrewersNation
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Ugh the cramping is going down into my leg and now I feel sick. Isn't it bad enough we suffer the emotional pain of a loss? Why does there have to be so much physical pain too? Bleh!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM

It can be normal but if you still have the pain it wouldn't hurt to ask your midwife about it. 

BrewersNation
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM

The pain did go away after a few days.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM
How long has it been?

Quoting BrewersNation:

The pain did go away after a few days.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Like Angela said post as much as you want hun because that's what we are here for is to support each other an answer any questions you might have.

To answer your question though no I didn't have any groin pain but if it doesn't seem to go away I would give your a doctor a call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)