Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

D&C possibly? Retained tissue a month after mc

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

I mc on 6/21 and that has been extremely hard. I stopped bleeding 6/29 but I've had cramping and pain ever sense. Today I went to the obgyn and she did a physical and decided to do an ultra sound and she said there may be leftover tissue and that is the issue and said she will let me know by the 27th if she wants me to do a D&C I am terrified on top of that she had a hard time finding my left ovarie?? idk I just feel like it was a huge punch in the face. like it felt like ill be going through it again. I have to get my blood tested aswell as hcg levels to insure I am not pregnant again as I have been sexually active.. sorry I'm just sad and scared and do not know where to turn

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CDW75
by Candi on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I didn't have a D&C so I'm no help there but wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this. :( Hugs!
FebFamily
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

thank you<3 I decided to mc naturally too, but it seems that not everything has moved on and it has been over a month:[

Quoting CDW75: I didn't have a D&C so I'm no help there but wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this. :( Hugs!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. I know a D&C sounds scary but it is usually very simple procedure and easy to recover from. 

Remy11
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I've been they this.. I'm sorry :( you can ask to see if you can try to chemically get rid of the tissue first.. It took me two months to get it all out.. That's why when you miscarry they should be following your hcg levels until they are under 5 to make sure all is out..
akrogers13
by Alli on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Definitely get a second u/s before you do it just to be sure it's not a new pregnancy.. I'm so sorry u are going thru this hun!
FebFamily
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! it was a ultrasound that showed tissue still, or what they think is tissue but I have a blood test scheduled to make sure it is not a new pregnancy.

Quoting akrogers13: Definitely get a second u/s before you do it just to be sure it's not a new pregnancy.. I'm so sorry u are going thru this hun!

FebFamily
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I went to the hospital and they said in 3-4 weeks to follow up with my obgyn so that is what I did. she said she wishes I would of came in sooner.

Quoting Remy11: I've been they this.. I'm sorry :( you can ask to see if you can try to chemically get rid of the tissue first.. It took me two months to get it all out.. That's why when you miscarry they should be following your hcg levels until they are under 5 to make sure all is out..

Remy11
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Yeah the hospital do not give good info at all.. Some ob/gyns are ignorant to the fact they must do the blood work too :/

Quoting FebFamily:

I went to the hospital and they said in 3-4 weeks to follow up with my obgyn so that is what I did. she said she wishes I would of came in sooner.

Quoting Remy11: I've been they this.. I'm sorry :( you can ask to see if you can try to chemically get rid of the tissue first.. It took me two months to get it all out.. That's why when you miscarry they should be following your hcg levels until they are under 5 to make sure all is out..

FebFamily
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

yeah here is the blood test she ordered. HCG Quant,TSH c free T4, CBC manual diff, CMP, Estradiol levels and then 21 days after I get a period she wants me to get my progesterone levels checked.

Quoting Remy11: Yeah the hospital do not give good info at all.. Some ob/gyns are ignorant to the fact they must do the blood work too :/
Quoting FebFamily:

Angela4boys
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I have had a D&E, a D&C, and a natural miscarriage. I did my D&C while I was awake, and while it wasn't comfortable, the anticipation was the worst part, and it was very quick.

I'm sorry you're going through this. While most miscarriages can happen naturally without intervention, I've seen in this group several ladies with retained tissue. I'm sorry you weren't monitored better :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)