Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Still Considered A Mom?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 36 Replies

Hi ladies, I just have a question. I've been thinking a lot about the miscarriage I had in January of 2012. Some days are worse then others for sure. We have still been ttc but haven't had any luck yet. I'm hoping that some day soon it will happen. I was just wondering though. Do you ladies still consider yourselves mothers? We may not have babies but we have angels. What do you think?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sixandus
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM
You were pregnant and getting ready to be a mom so yes you can consider yourself a mom. There is nothing wrong with that. Sorry you still have those rough days and baby dust your way!
newbienurse
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Awww thank you so much for that. That means a lot to me. Thank you.

Quoting Sixandus: You were pregnant and getting ready to be a mom so yes you can consider yourself a mom. There is nothing wrong with that. Sorry you still have those rough days and baby dust your way!

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

You are absolutely a mom.  I had two children, then two miscarriages.  I consider myself a mother of 4, not just 2.

We have also been TTC for a while after our second loss in March 2012 with no luck,  Sending baby dust your way.

Sixandus
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
You are welcome! I know it hurts to have a m/c and wanting to be a mom is such a strong feeling. Good luck and hope it happens soon.

Quoting newbienurse:

Quoting Sixandus: You were pregnant and getting ready to be a mom so yes you can consider yourself a mom. There is nothing wrong with that. Sorry you still have those rough days and baby dust your way!

newbienurse
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Oh wow that is so sad. I'm so sorry. Thank you for the baby dust. I will send some your way too!

Quoting Amy_M:

You are absolutely a mom.  I had two children, then two miscarriages.  I consider myself a mother of 4, not just 2.

We have also been TTC for a while after our second loss in March 2012 with no luck,  Sending baby dust your way.

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I tell my daughter (who so badly wanted to be a big sister) that she is a big sister even if no one else can see it.  The same applies to you.  You ARE a mom even if no one can see it on the outside.

Seriously good luck to you hun.  I hope for the best for you in the future.  I hope you get your precious baby soon.

Quoting newbienurse:

Oh wow that is so sad. I'm so sorry. Thank you for the baby dust. I will send some your way too!

Quoting Amy_M:

newbienurse
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

Quoting Sixandus: You are welcome! I know it hurts to have a m/c and wanting to be a mom is such a strong feeling. Good luck and hope it happens soon.
Quoting newbienurse:

newbienurse
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww your little girl sounds so precious! That makes me feel better that other moms of angels feel the same way.

Quoting Amy_M:

I tell my daughter (who so badly wanted to be a big sister) that she is a big sister even if no one else can see it.  The same applies to you.  You ARE a mom even if no one can see it on the outside.

Seriously good luck to you hun.  I hope for the best for you in the future.  I hope you get your precious baby soon.

Quoting newbienurse:

Quoting Amy_M:

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Absolutely you are a mom! If you're anything like me, you fall in love with your baby the moment you know their coming. I don't think it matters if they are with you a few weeks, months or years, that baby will always be your baby.
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Agreed and well said.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: Absolutely you are a mom! If you're anything like me, you fall in love with your baby the moment you know their coming. I don't think it matters if they are with you a few weeks, months or years, that baby will always be your baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN