Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ovulate and then early period after early miscarriage?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had a miscarriage July 6th at around 6 weeks going on 7 weeks. The bleeding was light-medium for 2 days and no cramps or pain. Around July 17th I am 98% sure I ovulated and of course was TTC. Around 10 DPO I got a VERRRRRRRRY faint line on FRER and again today but its very very light. I was thinking maybe it could be lingering from the miscarriage but after the miscarriage my HCG was 31 after 5 days and never doubled. I would think that such a low HCG would have dropped in 3 weeks. 

So at 11 DPO I started spotting pink/dark red and then it went to a light bleed which I've had for 2 days (no clots) and I thought implantation bleeding but the tests aren't really any darker or positive really so I have no clue what is going on. 

Is it common to get an early period after a miscarriage?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Our bodies do whacky things after miscarriages. Can I ask how you're sure you ovulated? Ovulating only 11 days after a miscarriage would be a bit surprising, but not unheard of. Getting a +HPT at 3 weeks after a miscarriage could very easily still be leftover hormones, even if they were low to begin with. 

I would probably get a few of those digital tests that tell you how far past conception you are, just to get a baseline on your hcg range. Then keep using cheap tests and seeing if they get darker. Then take another digital in a week or so and see if it say's you're any further along. From there, if your spotting doesn't pick up, I'd call your doctor and see what they want to do. Best of luck to you!!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:27 AM

It is very possible to have a new pregnancy. You can see if the line gets darker if you take the tests in a couple days. Our bodies get out of whack after a mc. 

EAzizM
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:10 AM
It can take up to 6 weeks for hcg to completely get out your system and you won't ovulate
until it is at a negative. Most likely it is lingering Hcg. There could also be retained tissue that is being stubborn. Good luck, it could very well be a new pregnancy.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I agree HCG of 32 should have dropped to zero over 3 weeks time. And a new pregnant is totally possible but I'm worried about retained tissue. I would call the doc for a few HCG drawls. Good luck
Redeemed7
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies. Well I took an EPT and it was totally negative. And 2 cheap walmart test I could sort of see something but it was one of those things where you aren't sure if there is a line or not. 

I am sure I ovulated because I had the CM to match and I even felt the twinge that you normally get the day of and then immediately the next day it was all gone. Now I'm not sure an egg was released but my body did gear up to ovulate. What's confusing me is FRER is pretty reliable and that definitely did have a VERY VERY VERY light line on it. . . . bleeding seems to have gone to spotting now almost as if it was a period. I will test for a few more days with cheap tests and assume it was a period for now. :) 

Angela4boys
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:33 AM
The only thing I can think is maybe...maybe it was an evap line? There are two types of FRER. One is First response, early result. The other is First respnonse, easy read (these ones I have read a lot of women saying they got false positives...even read a few complain that they came out of the box with a faint line on them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)