Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? August 1

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM
  • 26 Replies

How are you feeling today? How can we support you?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Today I am just sad. My baby is cuddled in my arms and one day my arms will be empty... I'm so mentally drained.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hugs!! I can't even begin to imagine the road you and your family are walking. It's so incredibly unfair. I've got to say though, I'm blown away with how dedicated you are to making Gemma's days so positive for her. She is so blessed to have you and your husband as her parents.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: Today I am just sad. My baby is cuddled in my arms and one day my arms will be empty... I'm so mentally drained.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I am learning that I need to slow down and take better care of myself. After more than a week of controlling my blood pressure, it shot up to 160/102 last night. I think on of the biggest factors for me is not getting enough sleep - which you expect with a newborn. My downfall is that I don't try to recover any lost sleep during the day. As a result, I'm getting 3-4 hrs of sleep most nights, 5-6 on a good night. I need to set aside part of my day to rest. My body won't heal if I'm constantly going all the time.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM
*hugs* I know the days are hard and long. But they help you have more time with Gemma. I was so scared And angry because I knew my days with Isabelle were coming to a close. And I think it is even more difficult not knowing what each day brings. You have brought so much happiness to Gemma's life and show her so much love each and every day. We are here for you!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: Today I am just sad. My baby is cuddled in my arms and one day my arms will be empty... I'm so mentally drained.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Yes. I know we think our job is to take care of our kids but we can't do that if we don't take care of ourselves as well! Hope you get some rest!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I am learning that I need to slow down and take better care of myself. After more than a week of controlling my blood pressure, it shot up to 160/102 last night. I think on of the biggest factors for me is not getting enough sleep - which you expect with a newborn. My downfall is that I don't try to recover any lost sleep during the day. As a result, I'm getting 3-4 hrs of sleep most nights, 5-6 on a good night. I need to set aside part of my day to rest. My body won't heal if I'm constantly going all the time.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM
You do need rest. And you need more help at home. I wish I was closer cause I would borrow your kids for a while.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I am learning that I need to slow down and take better care of myself. After more than a week of controlling my blood pressure, it shot up to 160/102 last night. I think on of the biggest factors for me is not getting enough sleep - which you expect with a newborn. My downfall is that I don't try to recover any lost sleep during the day. As a result, I'm getting 3-4 hrs of sleep most nights, 5-6 on a good night. I need to set aside part of my day to rest. My body won't heal if I'm constantly going all the time.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I just go to bed exhausted and wake up already in "go" mode. I feel like days pass and I miss them. I know I can't get them back so I should spend them enjoying Gemma but my house has to function too. Today I have been going since 730 non stop and I feel like I haven't seen or engaged with Gemma at all

Quoting blessedmommie07: *hugs* I know the days are hard and long. But they help you have more time with Gemma. I was so scared And angry because I knew my days with Isabelle were coming to a close. And I think it is even more difficult not knowing what each day brings. You have brought so much happiness to Gemma's life and show her so much love each and every day. We are here for you!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Can the older kids help out? They are more than capable and old enough to do their part with chores. 

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I just go to bed exhausted and wake up already in "go" mode. I feel like days pass and I miss them. I know I can't get them back so I should spend them enjoying Gemma but my house has to function too. Today I have been going since 730 non stop and I feel like I haven't seen or engaged with Gemma at all
Quoting blessedmommie07: *hugs* I know the days are hard and long. But they help you have more time with Gemma. I was so scared And angry because I knew my days with Isabelle were coming to a close. And I think it is even more difficult not knowing what each day brings. You have brought so much happiness to Gemma's life and show her so much love each and every day. We are here for you!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Hubby is working all day. But he has this weekend off and it has been like months since that happened. It will be nice :)

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I feel like I am doing it alone. I know the kids can help, but asking them does no good. Who is gonna tell them to help me? Their dad? He is part of the problem. And I've talked to him and he says he will do better and then he doesn't. What the heck can I do. I'm just so mad and burned out.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Can the older kids help out? They are more than capable and old enough to do their part with chores. 

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I just go to bed exhausted and wake up already in "go" mode. I feel like days pass and I miss them. I know I can't get them back so I should spend them enjoying Gemma but my house has to function too. Today I have been going since 730 non stop and I feel like I haven't seen or engaged with Gemma at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)