Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey there. I'm Stacey. Im 30, married and have a 7 y/o daughter, Lily. I'm here because i found out I lost my baby Sunday. It's really hard typing this because it's still so fresh...but I know it will help. We started trying in May and got pregnant in June. I found out June 26th. We were so excited, especially lily. She can't wAit to be a big sister. July 14th was my first appt and everything looked good. On the 16th wAs our first ultrasound. We saw the baby and heard the heartbeat I was exactly 6 weeks. I remember the tech telling me everything looked perfect. I still can't get it out of my head. My next appt was August 11th. So over that time we get more excited. I tell everyone including everyone at work and on fb . Three of my coworkers are expecting too. I feel ok. Bloated and my boobs hurt but by 8 weeks I thought by then I should be getting sick like with Lily. Nothing. I google and I read similar things and how everything's ok. I blew it off as maybe I wouldn't get morning sickness. I start passing a lot of mucus and just shrugged it off . August 3, my husbands birthday we go out to eat and we came home and napped. I had to work so I got up to start getting ready. After using the bathroom I noticed the blood. We left immediately to the er. I knew I lost it . The er experience was pure hell. It was packed wall to wall. I got blood work done and they tested my urine then sent back to waiting area. We were there 3 hours when my husband said he was going to the store to get us some snacks. They called me back to get the ultrasound. They wouldn't wait for him to get back. The tech hurt me and just seemed so cold . I got back to the waiting area and found terry there and clearly upset that he wSnt there and no one would let him go back to find me. 3 hours later we get called to a room . The dr came in like nothing was wrong he told me to go home and rest. I then ask about the ultrasound and  he said he didn't know I had one. Wtf ? He then comes back and says ok everything looked normal. Again he gets my hopes up but I wasn't satisfied . The nurse comes in and I told her I was still confused and she said didn't the dr tell you ? She then told me my baby was measuring 6.5 weeks and had no heartbeat. I was supposed to be 8.5weeks . I was numb I just wanted to go home . The next day we confirm it at my obgyn . I told her I wanted to pass it naturally if I could so I went home and waited . Tuesday evening it started. It was so much painful than I thought it would be . It was like labor at 5-6cm with my daughter . I went from the toilet to the tub . I passed the sac but it wAs busted so I never found the baby. I finally eased up so I went to bed and the next morning I passed what I thought was the placenta . I'm doing ok . I think . I go back to the dr Monday to make sure I passed everything. I think I did, but idk . My best friend is pregnant and we were so excited because we were only a few weeks apart . I dread the day I go back to work ... We want to try again ASAP but Idk now . I'm sorry that wAs so long. If you made it through thanks and god bless y'all.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angela4boys
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs))) losing a baby is a pain like no other. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hate that women are treated like this by so called medical professionals....they seem to lack humanity. This is human life we are dealing with, it's pretty important.
hope188
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM
So sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry you were treated so poorly in the ER. Hugs, mama.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, ERs are the worst place to go for miscarriages. I am sorry you had to deal with that on top of everything else. Hugs.

Also, I believe you mixed up the months in your explanation. I just don't wan someone to get confused and make you explain it again.
SugarFoot84
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, ERs are the worst place to go for miscarriages. I am sorry you had to deal with that on top of everything else. Hugs.

Also, I believe you mixed up the months in your explanation. I just don't wan someone to get confused and make you explain it again.

Yes I did get them mixed up I'll fix it. Thanks. I'm not all there right now! Lol.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is a heartache like no other.  And I'm sorry you had an awful experience at the ER. Doctors sometimes forgets that their patients are human beings.  *hugs*

FutureCooper118
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Those first few weeks are the hardest. Do what you need to do to heal. I would have someone close to you at work let people know before you go back of what happened that way you don't personally have to deal with it unless you bring it up. The hospital experience sounds horrific and I'm sorry they didn't handle it professionally. They say give it a few months before trying again so your body has time to recover but of course some fall pregnant first thing and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Whatever you decide to do is completely up to you. I hope you find peace in this time and I'm sending my thoughts to you and yours.

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)