Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

even simple things make it hard sometimes.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was online hoping to find a pattern for owl baby booties to make my niece as my sister is obssesed with owls. I came across elephant ones instead. Ever since day 1 of the pregnancy we called the baby peanut. Then one day I was at goodwill and saw at beanie baby elephant named peanut. From then on we were buying clothes, toys, anything for baby with elephants. Even got him a swing. And i would be making him those elephant booties I just saw. Life just really sucks sometimes. Really want to make those booties. But my peanut is no longer needing them. Really wish I came across that pattern before we lost him. Atleast he would have been able to wear them for a short while after we had him.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM
(((Hugs)))
akrogers13
by Alli on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Mobile Photo

I crochet as well... I made this and looks like we'll never use it now........ can't bring myself to pass it on to anyone either.... :-( I also bought fabric to make a baby wrap..... won't use that either..... it's an emptiness.. I'm so sorry for your loss! And I'm sorry for your triggers! Stay strong!!! Embrace it. Maybe you could still make the booties and just keep on a shelf. A little something to remind you that baby will always be with you!
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I agree. Maybe make them as a keepsake. So sorry and sending hugs.

Quoting akrogers13:

Mobile Photo

I crochet as well... I made this and looks like we'll never use it now........ can't bring myself to pass it on to anyone either.... :-( I also bought fabric to make a baby wrap..... won't use that either..... it's an emptiness.. I'm so sorry for your loss! And I'm sorry for your triggers! Stay strong!!! Embrace it. Maybe you could still make the booties and just keep on a shelf. A little something to remind you that baby will always be with you!
Hope529
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM

So sorry for your loss!!!  Those reminders are so hard.  I have a bag of clothes buried in a closet of all the cutest clothes that I couldn't wait for our little girl to wear...and I can't bring myself to return them.  But it is a constant reminder of the whole in our hearts.  Thinking of you...

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

*hugs* 

abyssus04
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:37 AM
That is so cute. I have made a few blankets, a pair of biker booties and also a jacket all of which are still tucked away in the baby dresser. Hoping i can use those one day. Dont think we would do anything elephants with the next one. It would just be too painful.

Quoting akrogers13:

Mobile Photo

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I agree, make them for peanut. I have a memory shelf for my angels and have a variety of things. It might also bring you some peace, closure. Kinda like when the booties are done you can say goodbye.

Quoting akrogers13:

Mobile Photo

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I remember I had clothes for my angel and I kept them in a tote box. Clothes felt safe because they were easy to keep stored away. When I was pregnant with my rainbow I was so scared to buy furniture and stuff like a swing because it wouldn't fit in a box to hide away if something bad happened. I bought my first big thing at like 32 weeks and was scared to touch it.

Quoting Hope529:

So sorry for your loss!!!  Those reminders are so hard.  I have a bag of clothes buried in a closet of all the cutest clothes that I couldn't wait for our little girl to wear...and I can't bring myself to return them.  But it is a constant reminder of the whole in our hearts.  Thinking of you...

JayLee17
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM
So sorry for your loss. We called our little bub peanut as well. It is hard at times when you get the little reminders but you have to stay strong and realise the world still has to go on WITH you, so make the booties and put love into them and pass them on.
abyssus04
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Mobile Photo

One booty down. Thinking about making more to donate to the hospital we had peanut at.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)