Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage Awareness Month: Wave of Light!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

October is Miscarriage and Pregnancy Awareness Month! To remember our little ones taken too soon, we are hosting a few special posts this month.

Today's post is Wave of Light! October 15th has been dedicated the day of remembrance. At 7 pm local time, you are asked to light a candle and allow it to burn for an hour. This will allow a continuous light to shine around the world. Will you light a candle this evening? Post a photo of your candle(s) here! Let us know who you lighted it for.

sids ribbon

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynette
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I was just working on a display for on top my bookshelf for tonight.  With many candles, my son's urn, and things that have given me comfort the past few months.  One of the candles is for my son Eli.  The others are for dear friends and family that have also lost babies.  I will post a picture tonight.

Angela4boys
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

In memory of my Avery, Payton and one unnamed baby.
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM
4 moms liked this

For Noelle 10/19/2011 & Gabriel 03/29/2012

jwhitworth7
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Despite all we have gone through we still have HOPE. We will never be the same and a part of our family will always be missing but we will continue on. Thank you son for watching over me, protecting me, and giving me strength. I'm so lucky to have a guardian angel. 

Melissa1222
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't have any candles......so my porch light is lit and will stay that way all night
LibraBalance
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM
3 moms liked this

We lite our candles at 7pm on the dot. We are lighing it for our angel boy/girl who went to heaven Monday at 5 weeks. 

KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

For my Baby Boy & Baby Girl
5-16-14
Lynette
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

One of the candles is lite for my son Eli Edwin, 3-3-14, 18wks along. The others are for friends and family that have lost babies.

Aside from the candles I put up things that have helped me. Eli's journal, his urn, a necklace given to me by the ladies at church, my scriptures, a tiny hat that fit him when he was born, a plaque that I found in a store, candle from my midwife, a photo album ABC Gospel book dedicated to Eli, and a tree to represent the oak tree we planted in the yard in his memory. The Lego candle was added by my 12yr old son.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

For Isabelle Colleen
Irene1923
by Tina on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I only had one candle to light, but it was in honor of my two angels, lost 8/20/11 & 12/20/11, and my niece who was born sleeping on 7/27/05.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)