Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depressed after pregnancy loss

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
I loss my baby back in July in every since I've been so depressed in when i get depressed i eat. When i loss my baby i was at 225 pounds now im at 247 i have gotten so big. Its like all i want to do it eat. Need help before i get to big.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alcbkr
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM

do you have anyone to talk to about what you're going through?

i just lost mine a week ago. i am also depressed. when i'm depressed i wind up in the other situation -- i lose my appetite and lose weight. it's not good though because not eating makes me anxious. it's just difficult to find any food attractive right now.

i am so sorry for your loss in july. it sounds like you might need to talk with someone or take medicine for your depression.

Angela4boys
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I'd suggest weight watchers, and go to the meetings. You'll have some accountability, and real life support.

Also I think it's possible that as you lose weight, you will gain confidence...right now you're depression is spurring you to eat, which is making you further depressed...vicious cycle.

Another thing that may help...because we often put ourselves last...is that if you're wanting to conceive again...tell yourself you're doing this for your baby. It's easy to give up when it's only for ourselves...but when you're getting healthy for your future child, it may make it easier to stick to your commitment.

Lastly, if you suspect clinical depression...like the kind where you don't want to get out of bed, don't want to shower, don't feel joyful about anything in life...definitely see your doctor. (((Hugs))). You may need meds to get you through this rough patch, or while yiur hormones are balancing.
Annisha23
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Thanks ladies i think i just need to take it one day at a time in i will be ok.
gcecelie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM

You are going to always have a hole in your heart so there has to be another way to manage your sadness. I agree with joining a group of women to manage your weight. That way you have support to get your mind off of your loss.

The worst things possible can happen if your weight continues to grow to fast (I was at 149 when HBP became an issue). I hope you take care of yourseldf.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Hugs. I have a lot of stress in my life right now and I've gained nearly 30 pounds (which is a lot on a short small girl) and I've found now I eat because I'm sad about being heavy. Yeah that makes since, NOT. I think a group of women (weight watchers or even a group of friends) would help you a lot. Hugs and good luck. Your life has changed drastically with your loss and it may take you some time to find your new normal emotion wise.
Angela4boys
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
That's a good way to look at it!

Quoting Annisha23: Thanks ladies i think i just need to take it one day at a time in i will be ok.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Have you thought about counseling?

monkhelz82
by on Dec. 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Annisha23, I had my miscarriage 10 days ago and prior to my pregnancy lost four stones (about 56lbs I think) and since the miscarriage all I do is eat rubbish for comfort. I am so worried I'm going to put my weight back on and that this will make it harder to conceive again. I too feel depressed and gaining weight will only make me more depressed. I lost my weight with Slimming World and found them a great help support wise. I wish you all the luck in the world xx

LuvHugs429
by on Dec. 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Are you on FB? Hubby and I belong to a wonderful weight loss group that allows you to eat as much as you want and actually lose weight. You are mostly eating protein. Let me know if interested. I lost 20lbs in 3 mo which is one of the reasons I think I did get pregnant in the first place.
LuvHugs429
by on Dec. 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Are you on FB? Hubby and I belong to a wonderful weight loss group that allows you to eat as much as you want and actually lose weight. You are mostly eating protein. Let me know if interested. I lost 20lbs in 3 mo which is one of the reasons I think I did get pregnant in the first place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)