Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone dealt with persistent ectopic?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have had two ectopics since August of this year. My last was 4 weeks ago today. I had laproscopic surgery and my tube was saved. Now my betas dropped slowly... my last draw was about a week and a half ago and was 18. Approx 4 days after, my hpts went negative. I did not do another beta because I didn't feel there was a need. Now today I stocked up on my hpts and for fun took one.... faint pink line. Now I am completely freaking out as to what is going on. WOuld the beta drop that far down before going back up if this was a persistent ectopic? My last ectopic was loss number 10 since 2010, so I hold little faith even if this was a new pregnancy.... just really confused.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would assume it's a new pregnancy. But with your history of eptopics I would get seen pretty soon. Hugs. I hope things turn out differently this time. Please keep up updated.
EAzizM
by on Dec. 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd go in to get blood drawn. I got a faint positive when my beta was a 10 with my chemical. It took me about 6 weeks to get to negative after ectopic though. Goodluck.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Dec. 15, 2014 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that you may want to get your beta's checked just to be on the safe side. Generally we women who have had ectopics (or any other kind of medical intervention) are requested to abstain from sexual activity for about 6 wks. Yes, I am very aware that that request is very hard to actually follow- guilty.

Based on what you have noted, I do not think this would be a new pregnancy unless you had been "active" about 2 wks ago. I know that I had ovulated when my numbers were below 17 and above 3 (my dr at the time required that I text until clinically neg- usually below 5) and that was within the course of 1 week.

Again, I advise getting a beta done, just to see what is going on and possibly rule out the false positive test. In the mean time, listen to your body and if you have any other pain that is not related to the surgery and returning back to normal activity.

Wantn1more
by Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM

We were just told 2 weeks no sex... and weren't given any recommendations on waiting to ttc (we're not actively trying, just not preventing). We were active 2 weeks ago. Looks like it may have been a chemical as they were positive for about 2 days and are now negative again.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

I think that you may want to get your beta's checked just to be on the safe side. Generally we women who have had ectopics (or any other kind of medical intervention) are requested to abstain from sexual activity for about 6 wks. Yes, I am very aware that that request is very hard to actually follow- guilty.

Based on what you have noted, I do not think this would be a new pregnancy unless you had been "active" about 2 wks ago. I know that I had ovulated when my numbers were below 17 and above 3 (my dr at the time required that I text until clinically neg- usually below 5) and that was within the course of 1 week.

Again, I advise getting a beta done, just to see what is going on and possibly rule out the false positive test. In the mean time, listen to your body and if you have any other pain that is not related to the surgery and returning back to normal activity.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM

If your HPT was negative and now positive again it could very likely be a new pregnancy.  I would go in to see your doctor right away to figure it out.  *hugs*

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Dec. 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Not all dr's will give the same advise as to how long to abstain- very apparent.

If anything, you may want to have a game plan set in the case you do find out your preg again. Such as coming in for blood draws (betas) to ensure proper doubling or if you need other supplements.

Not sure how to explain the pos hpts. Again, it could have been a false positive. Additionally, not all hpts are created the same. Some have different thresholds as to when they will indicate a pregnancy.

Quoting Wantn1more:

We were just told 2 weeks no sex... and weren't given any recommendations on waiting to ttc (we're not actively trying, just not preventing). We were active 2 weeks ago. Looks like it may have been a chemical as they were positive for about 2 days and are now negative again.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)