Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The dam broke

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
Tonight (technically last night) I reached a horrible breakdown. My baby's due date was December 19th,so I should be holding a newborn or grumbling that my baby refuses to make their big entrance. I have zero want to deal with Christmas this year. I was getting ready for work and my mom and mother kept texting me about Christmas. I was irritated and burned my ear with my flattening iron. Between the depression and agitation I flipped and smashed my flattening iron against the sink and broke it. I spent a good part of half an hour bawling my eyes out and I've spent a large portion of my night at work trying not to cry. I was saying some horrible things too about my mother.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM
*hugs* the holidays especially bring out so really overwhelming emotional feelings. It's okay hon. We understand.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Hugs. The holidays are hard anyway. Add in a due date and a loss and it's unbearable. I hope your Christmas Day went better.
karyn9902
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Its very hard. My loss was two years ago. Found out right before my birthday. Was so excited. Then Christmas came. Everyone was so excited for me. Rubbing my belly and such. Then new years day I miscarried. Was so devastated esp after being excited with family. That was the worse pain ever. I know howu feel.
mattiehatter
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I found out that miscarriage was inevitable on my wedding anniversary. I miscarried father's day. My birthday was 2 days after that.

Quoting karyn9902: Its very hard. My loss was two years ago. Found out right before my birthday. Was so excited. Then Christmas came. Everyone was so excited for me. Rubbing my belly and such. Then new years day I miscarried. Was so devastated esp after being excited with family. That was the worse pain ever. I know howu feel.
tenderbuttons
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I'm sure your mom understood, and if she didn't, I'm sorry. I yelled at my daughter last week and then we both began crying. My sister said to me, "Give yourself a lot of grace right now. A lot." 

So I repeat those words to you: give yourself a lot of grace right now. It's awful to be trying to celebrate holidays when you're mourning a loss. I'm so sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)