• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? January 6

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

How are you feeling today? How can we support you?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Good for the most part. My typing (aka spelling or FFS) is becoming horrid. I just type whatever I want and most of it looks right, but some stuff that should be easily spelled is not- however I did good on that line for the most part.

Trying to get back in the swing of things now that Christmas and New Year festivities are over with. This past weekend I had my famlies christmas at my parents. My mom makes me frustrated; when she prays before we do something, she is very long winded, and at times I don't know who she is trying to point at (ie. she prayed that those who need to find God will.... Umm mom, last I knew, all of us attend church). Also, she was doing this "new thing" where she would put out a number of items and then my siblings and I would draw numbers in order to pick an item- mom is trying to get rid of stuff, and I swear that one of the items she put out (when she let the grandkids pick) was something I gave her.

Well out of the picking stuff, I now have a set of 8 glasses- all a different color, and I have a serving try. The glasses belonged to my paternal grandmother (never knew that, but they were the nice item out of the "lot") and the serving tray once belonged to my maternal grandmother (I was the last to pick for that lot, and apparently nobody else wanted the tray- to be honest, I was hoping to get one of the serving bowls- they were all of some sort of crystal or glass).

Mom tried to get rid of some movies because she was convinced that they belonged to one of us kids- but some were VHS- and I know one of the tapes was junk!

Dh was disgruntled because dd's cousins were getting birthday presents at "christmas", and that dd only got 2 gifts (one gift came from my oldest brothers family, the other was from my parents). Dd doesn't understand and her cousin who is next oldest was searching for gifts for himself- and he had gotten a bunch (5, I think, excluding the one we got him- and he wasn't trilled with what we got him).

I know stuff like this is going to happen, but my parents are strange according to my hubby- and to some extent I agree.

*sorry about the rant*

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM

*hugs*

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Good for the most part. My typing (aka spelling or FFS) is becoming horrid. I just type whatever I want and most of it looks right, but some stuff that should be easily spelled is not- however I did good on that line for the most part.

Trying to get back in the swing of things now that Christmas and New Year festivities are over with. This past weekend I had my famlies christmas at my parents. My mom makes me frustrated; when she prays before we do something, she is very long winded, and at times I don't know who she is trying to point at (ie. she prayed that those who need to find God will.... Umm mom, last I knew, all of us attend church). Also, she was doing this "new thing" where she would put out a number of items and then my siblings and I would draw numbers in order to pick an item- mom is trying to get rid of stuff, and I swear that one of the items she put out (when she let the grandkids pick) was something I gave her.

Well out of the picking stuff, I now have a set of 8 glasses- all a different color, and I have a serving try. The glasses belonged to my paternal grandmother (never knew that, but they were the nice item out of the "lot") and the serving tray once belonged to my maternal grandmother (I was the last to pick for that lot, and apparently nobody else wanted the tray- to be honest, I was hoping to get one of the serving bowls- they were all of some sort of crystal or glass).

Mom tried to get rid of some movies because she was convinced that they belonged to one of us kids- but some were VHS- and I know one of the tapes was junk!

Dh was disgruntled because dd's cousins were getting birthday presents at "christmas", and that dd only got 2 gifts (one gift came from my oldest brothers family, the other was from my parents). Dd doesn't understand and her cousin who is next oldest was searching for gifts for himself- and he had gotten a bunch (5, I think, excluding the one we got him- and he wasn't trilled with what we got him).

I know stuff like this is going to happen, but my parents are strange according to my hubby- and to some extent I agree.

*sorry about the rant*

Bri060492
by Brittany on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:10 AM

My chest hurts. We got six inches of snow and I'm hiding in bed with my kindle and cell phone.

It's 2 months today. The pain still feels fresh but it feels like years have passed.

I also cancelled my follow up appointment for tomorrow because I just don't want to sit in the waiting area with a load of happy pregnant women.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Random question- is there any way that you could schedule your appointment so that it is the first appointment of the day and hopefully you won't have to see them? Or see if your provider would be willing to enter an exam room to wait until your turn- or if they could be more compassionate towards you.

The OB office will never be an easy to place to go no matter how long it has been since the loss.

(big hugs)

Quoting Bri060492:

My chest hurts. We got six inches of snow and I'm hiding in bed with my kindle and cell phone.

It's 2 months today. The pain still feels fresh but it feels like years have passed.

I also cancelled my follow up appointment for tomorrow because I just don't want to sit in the waiting area with a load of happy pregnant women.

Bri060492
by Brittany on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Most of the morning appointments are already taken even when I had the first appointment of the day with the doctor. There was others there for the midwives that work under him.

I never really asked to be put anywhere. I only went when I had to. I knew I had to go and get seen due to the ectopic pregnancy. I went when my tube was rupturing because he didn't want me to go straight to the er because they wouldn't look at the tube first they would focus on the fact I had surgery less than a month before.

Now, I have no reason to really go. He was going to check my stomach to see how it's healing. Then we were going to talk about the next steps but no point in talking about the next steps towards a different pregnancy when he wants me to avoid pregnancy for another 2 months.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Random question- is there any way that you could schedule your appointment so that it is the first appointment of the day and hopefully you won't have to see them? Or see if your provider would be willing to enter an exam room to wait until your turn- or if they could be more compassionate towards you.

The OB office will never be an easy to place to go no matter how long it has been since the loss.

(big hugs)

Quoting Bri060492:

Melissa1222
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:16 PM
I have had a really emotion few weeks....find my self crying all the time....on of the women I work with just announced her pregnancy. ..I have been working a ton of hours....probably so I don't have to talk about things with the dh.....Sunday night we discussed the donor egg cycle and if we really want to do it.....which made me break down even more....just having a rough few weeks I guess
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:25 PM

*hugs* We got about that much snow or more as well.

Quoting Bri060492:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:26 PM

*hugs* Pregnancy announcements are tough.

Quoting Melissa1222: I have had a really emotion few weeks....find my self crying all the time....on of the women I work with just announced her pregnancy. ..I have been working a ton of hours....probably so I don't have to talk about things with the dh.....Sunday night we discussed the donor egg cycle and if we really want to do it.....which made me break down even more....just having a rough few weeks I guess

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Before this appointment did you ever ask what steps you should do in case one happens? I'm sure that he will want to you call and be seen have betas done the next time you get a bfp, just so that they can ensure number stuff is good.

If you've been having complications since the second surgery about your abdominal healing, then it would be good to go in, but if you haven't- I see no reason (plus 6 wks post op should have been the last visit, especially if your hcg was already neg).

But then in the end, it is all up to you, and if you feel better not going- don't. You know your body, and know what is best.

Quoting Bri060492:

Most of the morning appointments are already taken even when I had the first appointment of the day with the doctor. There was others there for the midwives that work under him.

I never really asked to be put anywhere. I only went when I had to. I knew I had to go and get seen due to the ectopic pregnancy. I went when my tube was rupturing because he didn't want me to go straight to the er because they wouldn't look at the tube first they would focus on the fact I had surgery less than a month before.

Now, I have no reason to really go. He was going to check my stomach to see how it's healing. Then we were going to talk about the next steps but no point in talking about the next steps towards a different pregnancy when he wants me to avoid pregnancy for another 2 months.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

(big hugs)

Quoting Bri060492:

Bri060492
by Brittany on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:39 PM

No I haven't asked.

I've been told to avoid pregnancy for 3 months. I can't get pregnant without clomid so it seems a pointless thing.

I haven't had any complications since the 2nd surgery. My hcg was negative on the 15th of december.

6 week post op would be the 18th of jan. for the 2nd surgery.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Before this appointment did you ever ask what steps you should do in case one happens? I'm sure that he will want to you call and be seen have betas done the next time you get a bfp, just so that they can ensure number stuff is good.

If you've been having complications since the second surgery about your abdominal healing, then it would be good to go in, but if you haven't- I see no reason (plus 6 wks post op should have been the last visit, especially if your hcg was already neg).

But then in the end, it is all up to you, and if you feel better not going- don't. You know your body, and know what is best.

Quoting Bri060492:

Quoting chicaespana2003:

(big hugs)

Quoting Bri060492:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)