• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 weeks post miscarriage - no period

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

It's been 6 weeks since I miscarried and I still haven't had a period yet. The annoying thing though is that my body has been having all of these PMS symptoms for the past week but no period! I've had breast tenderness, cramps, and dizziness (which is a new one for me).

I'm getting my HCG measured again soon to see what the heck is going on but I wondered if any of the rest of you have gone through this.

I'm so frustrated because I just want to grieve and not deal with all these physical issues on top of it. It makes me anxious and stressed out when I'm already so vulnerable emotionally these days.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM

It can take up to 8 weeks, if after that time you take a pregnancy test and it is negative then I would call your doctor. Some women need help starting their periods again after a loss. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 7, 2015 at 5:51 PM

((Hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss.  On average it can take 4-8 weeks after a loss for af to come back.  And if it hasn't shown back up by the 8th week I would give your doctor a call.  

stcy79
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2015 at 1:48 PM
Im sorry for ur loss. After my D&E it took 6wks for mine to come back and I've some changes too, now it only lest 4 days but I'll have light spotting for 7 or 8 days (annoying ) Is sounds like with ur symptoms it might be getting to come, ur hormones are probably not in the right spot yet. Gl, i hope u can start healing soon.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

alcbkr
by on Jan. 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM

I gave blood today so I'm hoping my results come back how I want them -- NOT PREGNANT.

I can at least then address my options for getting my cycle back on track.

Thank you ladies for your input and support. I really needed it.

Alice

alcbkr
by on Jan. 9, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Ugh. I need all the support I can get right now. I hope this forum is a supportive place for someone in my situation.

It turns out I'm pregnant again. Possibly 6 weeks. Except I really don't want to be. I'm too scared of another loss right now. And I just want space and time to grieve the loss I just experienced.

Have any of the rest of you been at this cross roads before?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)