Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rant: false claims

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:49 PM
  • 34 Replies
There's this girl who is always going on about pregnancy loss and raising awareness (which is awesome, don't get me wrong, and something that should be addressed more) as well as her apparent 5 miscarriages.
The part I don't understand however is how she could possibly have had 5 losses when she's currently pregnant with baby #3 and her oldest is 2-2 and a half.
At what point could she possibly have gotten pregnant 5 times and miscarried!?

I think the thing that's really bothering me is that it's people like that who completely downplay my experience. It was traumatic, I was rushed into surgery and it all happened so fast, and I never got any answers. I went to multiple appointments and was eagerly waiting to see the little bean completely blindsided.
She probably was late a day, got her period, and is running around saying it's a mc.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awalter01
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:24 PM

its possible unfortunately. i had 3 losses is a year and the 4th a year later after we took a break. we all cope in our own way. some are more vocal and some we dont even know they had a loss. hang in there.

cueballsmom
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It's it possible the loses happened before baby number 1?
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:04 PM
It's possible, unfortunately. I had 3 pregnancies in a years time frame. One was an early loss, one was at 19 weeks, and finally my rainbow. It's also possible that one or all her losses could've been before her first baby was born.
FutureCooper118
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Not at all. She's a devoted Christian that's only been married about as long as her oldest at 2-2 and a half.

Quoting cueballsmom: It's it possible the loses happened before baby number 1?
FutureCooper118
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:16 PM
Man, I'm sorry. I can't imagine going through that many in a row. I get 3 in a years time but she's saying in 2-2 and a half years time she's lost 5, birthed 2, and is pregnant with 3 due in spring. Not adding up.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: It's possible, unfortunately. I had 3 pregnancies in a years time frame. One was an early loss, one was at 19 weeks, and finally my rainbow. It's also possible that one or all her losses could've been before her first baby was born.
FutureCooper118
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loses.. one was hard enough on me. I agree with being vocal.. sharing my story has brought a lot of comfort and a sense of peace. Mathematically though 3 in a year makes sense but 5 loses, 2 births, with a 3rd due in spring in 2-2 and a half years doesn't add up when you think about the time spent in the womb.

Quoting awalter01:

its possible unfortunately. i had 3 losses is a year and the 4th a year later after we took a break. we all cope in our own way. some are more vocal and some we dont even know they had a loss. hang in there.

awalter01
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM

mine were also 10, 10, & 13 weeks along and one took 4months before i became pregnant so mathmatically if they were earlier losses it is very possible. im not saying she is telling the truth. what im saying is let her story be hers and yours be yours. if she did have 5 its devistating and maybe she needs a friend whomknows what a loss feels like.

Quoting FutureCooper118: I'm sorry for your loses.. one was hard enough on me. I agree with being vocal.. sharing my story has brought a lot of comfort and a sense of peace. Mathematically though 3 in a year makes sense but 5 loses, 2 births, with a 3rd due in spring in 2-2 and a half years doesn't add up when you think about the time spent in the womb.
Quoting awalter01:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:54 PM

*hugs*  I know it might seem hard to believe her but it is very possible.  She could have has miscarriages before her first child and even between each child have one or more miscarriage.  It could have all been really early miscarriages and even a chemical pregnancy. 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:55 PM

If one or two pregnancies were twins it could be possible.  Or with chemical pregnancies.

Quoting FutureCooper118: I'm sorry for your loses.. one was hard enough on me. I agree with being vocal.. sharing my story has brought a lot of comfort and a sense of peace. Mathematically though 3 in a year makes sense but 5 loses, 2 births, with a 3rd due in spring in 2-2 and a half years doesn't add up when you think about the time spent in the womb.
Quoting awalter01:

FutureCooper118
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:59 PM
I don't think these were before her first given her belief system and she hasn't been married much longer than her oldest. Never thought of chemical. And with multiples do they really count as 2 separate mc? Losing 2 I get but as far as counting mc I always figured it was 1.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

*hugs*  I know it might seem hard to believe her but it is very possible.  She could have has miscarriages before her first child and even between each child have one or more miscarriage.  It could have all been really early miscarriages and even a chemical pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)