Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you go for meal ideas? Suggestions welcome!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

So, after already having a successful pregnancy with dd, and trying to start this one on the right foot, I have been trying to follow the suggested meal consumption from the dietitian that I saw when preg with dd (was diagnosed gest diab).

It was suggested:

Breakfast- 2 servings of carbs, 1 serving of protein

Snack 1/2/3- 1 carb, 1 protein
snack were between meals and one after dinner

Lunch/Dinner- 2-3 carb, 3-4 protein

NOW after actually trying to read the "What to expect when your expecting" book, I'm completely confused! The book says (2002 edition) that I am supposed to have 20-25g of protien per serving. In addition, 1 serving of peanut butter is 6 Tablespoons. HOLD YOUR HORSES- the label say that 1 serving of pb is 2 T, and 2T is roughly 8g protien.

I fully understand that with carbs, 1 serving =15 grams, but I have no clue with protien, I was begining to think that 1 serving of protein was about 7g, but now I don't know what to believe.

I asked my SIL what year her book is (2008) and what it said- and pretty much the wording was the same as mine.

I am so confused. I don't know what to believe, and I don't have a scale at home to measure oz or stuff like that. I don't want to starve myself (or the baby), but I do have to eat healthier- I'm kinda plump, but still overweight- lets say nice and curvy.

PLEASE, Please, please help if you can with a website that you use and has been helpful, or with any information you can use. I am half tempted to ask my provider for literature, but I know the web is chuck full of stuff.

Thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Honestly I just tried to eat healthy.  I wasn't anal about what and how much to eat.

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Desiree. I just tried to eat as healthy as possible. I bumped up the fresh fruits and vegetables, and ate more low fat protein like chicken and turkey. I indulged in the not so good things from time to time, but tried to be good :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)