Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies, babies everywhere and not 1 is mine

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
My beSt friend is pregnant and due the week before I was due. My sister is pregnant and due this summer and I just found out that a friend is pregnant. How did you deal with others being pregnant after losing your baby? My sister has a baby shower coming up. I will not attend. It's just too much for me at this time.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:52 AM

*hugs* Really there isn't much but to cry if you need to. And if you can't go don't push yourself, sending a card and gift card is alright to do. 

TubbyTurtle
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I agree with PP, you can only do things at your own pace. My bf is pregnant, she was 7 weeks ahead of me, and she has been very understanding of the fact that until I heal our relationship has changed. When we do talk it's via text and not super frequent. You have to do what's best for you ❤️ Some days are easier than others but definitely makes everything harder to be surrounded by pregnant women and newborns ((HUGS))
3Sun7Shine4Love
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies! My BF is awesome!!! She checks on me everyday. She doesn't mention her pregnancy unless I ask. I know it's hard for her but She's been super supportive.
happywifey08
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM

2 of my friends are due any day now. I did have a baby shower to go to this weekend but the hostess graciously uninvited me and yelled at my husband for expecting me to go (she is his boss). Yesterday I held my friends 6 month old, she is visiting from out of town, and unexpectedly started to cry a little. She was sweet about it and after a few tears shed and explaining to her that tuesday will be one month since the miscarriage and Sunday was when I would have been 12 weeks, we talked about other stuff and I actually ended up snuggling the baby the whole time. When we left though, I cried a bit more in the car. Today is hard, I imagine tomorrow will be harder. 

I keep myself happy for my friends though. It is not their fault I miscarried and a lot of them went through it themselves. I do not allow myself to think negatively, nor have had a negative thought. I stay cheerful. I imagine it will be hard one the new baby pictures start flowing. 

3Sun7Shine4Love
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 8:44 AM
I needed my BIL to explain to my sister Why I declined to go to my other sister's shower. After he did, she called and apologized. My best friend has already uninvited me to her shower. We have an arrangement. I will send her the money for her gift and she will take a picture and send it to me (when I am ready). I held my goddaughter for the first time since my miscarriage. It was comforting. I think I may cry the first time I hold my BF's baby because her baby and mine were supposed to be born a week apart. I will cross that bridge when I get there. Right now, I'm healing. Yesterday was a good day. We will see what today brings. Im staying positive and trying to laugh whenever possible. Have a good day!

Quoting happywifey08:

2 of my friends are due any day now. I did have a baby shower to go to this weekend but the hostess graciously uninvited me and yelled at my husband for expecting me to go (she is his boss). Yesterday I held my friends 6 month old, she is visiting from out of town, and unexpectedly started to cry a little. She was sweet about it and after a few tears shed and explaining to her that tuesday will be one month since the miscarriage and Sunday was when I would have been 12 weeks, we talked about other stuff and I actually ended up snuggling the baby the whole time. When we left though, I cried a bit more in the car. Today is hard, I imagine tomorrow will be harder. 

I keep myself happy for my friends though. It is not their fault I miscarried and a lot of them went through it themselves. I do not allow myself to think negatively, nor have had a negative thought. I stay cheerful. I imagine it will be hard one the new baby pictures start flowing. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 17, 2015 at 6:22 PM

((hugs)) I'm glad people are being understanding about your situation

looneymom467
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:01 PM

When I found out my daughter was pregnant I got really scared of loosing another grandchild... you learn to move on I guess I know that it can be done but still you cant help but wonder if that one had lived...I would be spoiling her now...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)