Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is my body doing? *edit*

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM
  • 15 Replies
I was due for AF on the 13th, on the 9th I woke up to some brown spotting. I thought no big deal my period always starts like for the 1st day and it must have decided to come early. I had brown discharge for 3 days. It never turned pink or red,was never heavy enough for a tampon or even to have to change pads very often and after 3 days it stopped.just stopped jow I have nothing. What could it be?

***It is now April 1st and still nothing. I went to the dr the 18th for a tubal consultation, the gave me a test (which came back negative just like the ones I took the night of the 13th and the morning of the 16th). They had no answers for me nor seemed concerned at all. I have not tested since the 18th but don't even know if it's possible that I am.... so confused!!
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjsmommy214
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM
Pregnancy? Did you test?
sleepyfaeries4
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:34 AM
I tested Friday evening (the day my period was due)but got a negative

Quoting rjsmommy214: Pregnancy? Did you test?
rjsmommy214
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Other than implantation bleeding my only guess would be stress? Sometimes your period won't come if you're really stressed out.

Quoting sleepyfaeries4: I tested Friday evening (the day my period was due)but got a negative

sleepyfaeries4
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hmm I have been stressed but I'm always stressed lol. I'll wait a couple days and test again first thing in the morning. It was just weird that it seemed like it was going to start then nothing. Thanks for your reply

Quoting rjsmommy214: Other than implantation bleeding my only guess would be stress? Sometimes your period won't come if you're really stressed out.

Quoting sleepyfaeries4: I tested Friday evening (the day my period was due)but got a negative

sleepyfaeries4
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:01 PM
Bump. Any other ideas?
sleepyfaeries4
by Member on Apr. 1, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Bump
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 1, 2015 at 8:38 PM

You noted that they gave you a test and it returned neg... what kind of test- urine or blood?

If they did a urine test, and it has been this long since your anticipated af date, and it is neg, something is up- not sure what, but something. Factors to consider would be how long was the hold, how much fluid did you drink between- how dilluted or concentrated any hcg would be in your urine.

If they did a blood test and it came back neg- well then maybe you just had a really funky short af and get ready for the next one to possibly be a pain in the tush.

I hope that something finally gives and you get an answer as to why af is this late.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 1, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Adding on- if you haven't tested since the 18th, perhaps you want to test anyway- just to know where you stand, that way if you have a pos- you can get a blood test to see where you are number wise and if you need anything else (progesterone supplements if you have low progesterone- if that is a concern your dr's have).

sleepyfaeries4
by Member on Apr. 1, 2015 at 8:47 PM
They gave me a urine test. My appointment was at 730 in the morning. I peed before I left the house and had nothing to drink from then til the test so they barely got any pee in their cup (but she said they only needed 3 drops... their tests look like the ones I've bought at the dollar store)

Man I'm not looking forward to a pain in the tush AF lol

Quoting chicaespana2003:

You noted that they gave you a test and it returned neg... what kind of test- urine or blood?

If they did a urine test, and it has been this long since your anticipated af date, and it is neg, something is up- not sure what, but something. Factors to consider would be how long was the hold, how much fluid did you drink between- how dilluted or concentrated any hcg would be in your urine.

If they did a blood test and it came back neg- well then maybe you just had a really funky short af and get ready for the next one to possibly be a pain in the tush.

I hope that something finally gives and you get an answer as to why af is this late.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Hmm... well it may have been possible that you didn't have enough hcg in the little sample you provided.

How have you been feeling otherwise? Any symptoms which might be considered pregnancy symptoms (other than your funky 3 day kinda cycle)?

Quoting sleepyfaeries4: They gave me a urine test. My appointment was at 730 in the morning. I peed before I left the house and had nothing to drink from then til the test so they barely got any pee in their cup (but she said they only needed 3 drops... their tests look like the ones I've bought at the dollar store) Man I'm not looking forward to a pain in the tush AF lol
Quoting chicaespana2003:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)