Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ladies I need help please

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am currently 32 weeks 6 days pregnant with my rainbow baby. I had an emergency cerclage done at 22 weeks and has been on bed rest since then. Yesterday I have an allergic reaction to something I ate I went to the hospital they gave me Benadryl and sent me home, the checked baby for a hour and we were both ok so they sent us home. This evening I went to the bathroom and there was some brown discharge on my liner usually it's light yellow or just white. And when I wipe the toilet paper is light brown too. I have no cramping or in any pain I feel fine except for the discharge. Has anyone had that happened to them before? I am feeling the baby move, but why the discharge?

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
awalter01
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:45 AM

possibly your cervix is trying to open a little and is pulling on the cerclage? it doesn't really sound to much from the allergic reaction, but call your office in the morning and tell them your concern.  They can direct you on what they need you or don't need you to do.

kiki719
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:14 AM
The cerclage. I had one it happened doctor said it was naturally what my body was trying to do the cerclage was stopping it. Call your doctor he will check it
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM

I'm not sure hun but I would call your doctor and see what they say.

AngelBabyTavesh
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Well I went to the doctor they said my stitches are intacted and my cervix is still close, but soft. What does it mean by having a soft cervix? They said the brown discharge is old blood and that's pro because he is getting bigger it's putting pressure on the stitches, but they show no signs of breaking or are stretching. They said If I start to see bright red blood I should go to the hospital immediately.
awalter01
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:54 PM

A cervix can be firm, medium, or soft.  As you get further along it tends to soften, usually the last month or so.  With your hx of needing a cerclage I would say that's not abnormal.  But good news about no stretching on the stitch. YAY!  You are getting closer and closer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)