Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just recently last month lost my baby at 19 weeks. It was traumatizing and sad. And it seems everyone around me thinks I should be over it by now. Like they say it wasn't like I gave birth and lost it. But in my eyes it is the same thing. He came out perfect and intact and that makes me hurt even more. He existed. And yet people want me to forget and move on and I can't and won't. Do any of you know what I mean? Our losses were real. And I know that I love him. I can't let go
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:56 AM

I am so sorry. My 2nd loss was at 19 weeks, so I know how you feel. We are always told we're in the "safe zone" when we get to the 2nd trimester, but we both know that isn't true.

Sending you lots of love and hugs. The people around you are being awful, saying anything like that to you. :(

1northwestmom
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I've been right where you are, in March a few years back & then a mc this year in February heartbreaking, my S/O is amazing support & love but at times I feel very alone, as if my feelings are isolated & in some ways are. My experience with my (20 week old, gestation) was devastating & people said horrible things to me & were annoyed with me for feeling my loss so deeply & a doctor I saw was the rudest doctor I'd ever met (I immediately got a new doctor) , it was s very hard time & yet life was so demanding & people so insensitive. Big XX
Sorry for your loss 💛
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*  I'm sorry for your loss.  They won't understand since they have never been through it.  He did exist.  You didn't just lose a baby, you lost a future that you had planned with that baby.  Here is a picture I like to  show or tell people.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

hippiemom45
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM
Thank you for all your comments and support. It hasn't been a easy week. I have had to order prints for my son and he was so small. I an barely hanging in here
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:59 PM

(Hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss hun.  It's so hard for people who haven't been through a loss to understand this isn't something we get over.  Just do your best to ignore the negativity and always remember that he did exisit.

jessilauren92
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:39 PM
I'm sorry for ur loss and it is normal to not "get over it" as I have heard too. It's okay to be upset u suffered a loss of a child and as we all know it's one if not the hardest things most of us have been thru but we are here for u to cry together, vent to, and just to understand each other. You are in my thoughts and prayers ((hugs))
meghs82285
by Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM
I totally understand, people think the moment itself has passed and so have the feelings but they haven't :(
zqsprink
by Susie on Apr. 11, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is really hard for other people to understand how much of yourself you lose when you have a miscarriage. There was a tiny life inside you and you started making plans around that life. That's just not something that goes away. Give yourself the time and space you need to grieve. Hugs to you!

AngelBabyTavesh
by Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 2:21 AM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my first baby at 22 weeks last year February. People thought I should be over it very quickly. I am presently pregnant with my rainbow baby at 37 weeks. Honestly I don't think I even got better from losing him. I think when I became pregnant again it was all dream and I feel like I am still in a dream of u know what I mean. I really don't think there is any getting over any losses that we have experienced. It kills me to know that there are ppl out there who even think that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)