Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group unfortunately and needing advice

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello all. First off I would like to say how sorry I am for all your losses. Here is a little of my story and would love your advice.  

Last month on April 6th I got a bfp 3 days late. We were not trying but not preventing. I was on a lot of medications and my last baby was born with a cleft lip and palate so I immediatly called my pcp to get an appointment. 3 days later on the 9th I started bleeding. My appointment was on the 13th and he did a pelvic and pap and blood draw. I went back on the 16th and was told my hcg level was 40 and miscarriage was confirmed. I bled heavily for 3 days but by my appointment on the 13th I was only having some light spotting although he said he could still see some bleeding coming from my cervix. By the 16th there was barely any bleeding at all. He had told me if my number didn't drop with my second draw he would call me otherwise he would not bc he figured it would be a complete miscarriage and I wouldn't need a d&c since I was so early. 

So last week I started having pregnancy symptoms again after them going away. I took a test on Satuday (digi) and it showed pregnant. I went to the clinic since they have walkins on Satuday and we did another blood draw. Well nothing has changed since the 2nd blood draw on April the 16th. It was 30 then and 32 on Satuday. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday and I am scared about what is going on. Can someone tell me if this is normal...to basically stall out for 3 weeks? I am scared something is really wrong. I was just getting myself back to normal and being okay again and now I am relieving the miscarriage all over again :(

by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luckyinlife
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I had a natural miscarriage and never saw a doctor. I know it can take some time for your body to go through the process. I didn't get a negative on a pregnancy test until about 4 weeks after I stopped bleeding. My midwife said it can take up to six weeks after a MC for youe hormones to clear.
MybabyKisses
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Thank you. I just figured with the number being so low to start with it wouldn't take as long to clear out but I've never been through this before either so I'm pretty much clueless.

Quoting luckyinlife: I am sorry for your loss. I had a natural miscarriage and never saw a doctor. I know it can take some time for your body to go through the process. I didn't get a negative on a pregnancy test until about 4 weeks after I stopped bleeding. My midwife said it can take up to six weeks after a MC for youe hormones to clear.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 5, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Sometimes it can be possible that a new pregnancy has occured. I know some ladies here like to ask what your normal cycles are like, and sometimes it is even possible to ovulate when you still have some hcg in your system. Some ladies including myself have ovulated when hcg levels were below 20.

My thoughts that are if you are not bleeding right now, is that you have a new pregnancy, but only the dr's will be able to determine if this is true. Act as if you are preg, take your prenatals, avoid things that might harm a pregnancy, and communicate with your dr's.

MybabyKisses
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Well seems I just started or having another early miscarriage. I'm so confused :'(

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Sometimes it can be possible that a new pregnancy has occured. I know some ladies here like to ask what your normal cycles are like, and sometimes it is even possible to ovulate when you still have some hcg in your system. Some ladies including myself have ovulated when hcg levels were below 20.

My thoughts that are if you are not bleeding right now, is that you have a new pregnancy, but only the dr's will be able to determine if this is true. Act as if you are preg, take your prenatals, avoid things that might harm a pregnancy, and communicate with your dr's.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 5, 2015 at 7:37 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun.  It's possible it could be a new pregnancy but sometimes it can take awhile for the hormes to leave your body.  I hope you get your answer either way on Thursday.

zqsprink
by Susie on May. 6, 2015 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. It can take a while for the numbers to drop. I was further along with my losses but both times they dropped quickly when I actually started miscarrying but then once they got really low, they started to drop very, very slowly and took weeks to get to zero. I hope your get some answers soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)