Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you? May 17th-23rd

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

How are you feeling this week?  How can we support you?

by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 18, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Doing okay I guess. DD had a temp last night and we gave her tylenol and then 4 hrs later gave her another dose and added ibprophin (sp)- she threw that up, so I gave her a lower dose of tylenol after she had rested a bit. Then at 2:30 this morning she went potty and had bloody mucus in her stool, and again at 6am. I've called the answering service and eventually spoke with an on-call nurse. I'm supposed to call after 8 this morning to make an appointment and to bring her last diaper so they can test it. She didn't have a fever this morning, but I will check it before I call to make an appoitnment, just in case.

Dh has given me this "accusational look" when he said "I wonder if there was anything we could have done to [prevent] this." How is this my fault?

Oh another thing that happened last night- dh told me that after this one, he doesn't want any more children. I still want more, but I still need to get through this pregnancy first. I have too many what if's running through my head.

zqsprink
by Susie on May. 18, 2015 at 10:00 PM

:( having a sick little one is never fun. sorry your husband is not being supportive...ugh. Of course it's not your fault. kids get sick all the time. there's nothing you can do to prevent that!

Does she have any food allergies/sensitivities that you know of? My son has a milk protein intolerance and in general has a really sensitive stomache so he is prone to stomach bugs. The baby tylenol and motrin both give him horrible diarrhea so I'm always torn about giving it to him. I did find some that is more concentrated (so he has to take a lot less) and dye free and he seems to do better with that.  

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Doing okay I guess. DD had a temp last night and we gave her tylenol and then 4 hrs later gave her another dose and added ibprophin (sp)- she threw that up, so I gave her a lower dose of tylenol after she had rested a bit. Then at 2:30 this morning she went potty and had bloody mucus in her stool, and again at 6am. I've called the answering service and eventually spoke with an on-call nurse. I'm supposed to call after 8 this morning to make an appointment and to bring her last diaper so they can test it. She didn't have a fever this morning, but I will check it before I call to make an appoitnment, just in case.

Dh has given me this "accusational look" when he said "I wonder if there was anything we could have done to [prevent] this." How is this my fault?

Oh another thing that happened last night- dh told me that after this one, he doesn't want any more children. I still want more, but I still need to get through this pregnancy first. I have too many what if's running through my head.

zqsprink
by Susie on May. 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM

I realized today that Memorial Day weekend is coming up. I lost my first angel over Memorial Day Weekend last year. I wish I had not realized. I was finally feeling pretty good after my more recent loss. Now I am dreading the weekend...

luckyinlife
by Group Admin on May. 19, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Doing well. Mentally I am ready to TTC again but physically my BP is still high. So I am just focused on getting physically healthy now. My ovaries are screaming.

Otherwise my kids are well, marriage is well and life overall is nothing to complain about.
Bri060492
by Brittany on May. 20, 2015 at 11:30 AM

I'm feeling overly down.

I went to a birthday party and three of the moms all had babies the same age. They were all talking about breast feeding and baby wearing. It took a lot to enjoy the party and know they were not trying to hurt me. Today I'm tired and just blah. I don't think the cold cloudy day is helping though.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hope your DD feels better now.  Something to discuss between you two after this baby is born.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM

*hugs*  Just take it hour by hour if you have to and try to enjoy the weekend.  Your baby would want you to be happy for them.

Quoting zqsprink:

I realized today that Memorial Day weekend is coming up. I lost my first angel over Memorial Day Weekend last year. I wish I had not realized. I was finally feeling pretty good after my more recent loss. Now I am dreading the weekend...

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Waiting sucks and it's hard but you will get there soon.  It's good to focus on you being healthy first.

Quoting luckyinlife: Doing well. Mentally I am ready to TTC again but physically my BP is still high. So I am just focused on getting physically healthy now. My ovaries are screaming. Otherwise my kids are well, marriage is well and life overall is nothing to complain about.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM

*hugs*  I tried going to a playdate after my loss and I swear like 3 newborn girls (I lost a girl) came and I literally sat there crying and trying to leave.  It's so hard to not be envious or upset.

Quoting Bri060492:

I'm feeling overly down.

I went to a birthday party and three of the moms all had babies the same age. They were all talking about breast feeding and baby wearing. It took a lot to enjoy the party and know they were not trying to hurt me. Today I'm tired and just blah. I don't think the cold cloudy day is helping though.

Bri060492
by Brittany on May. 22, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Keep hoping it will get easier. The birthday party was for an 11 year old. Didn't think much about babies being there.

It also didn't help that it was pointed how how close July 4th is. My due date was July 1st.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

*hugs*  I tried going to a playdate after my loss and I swear like 3 newborn girls (I lost a girl) came and I literally sat there crying and trying to leave.  It's so hard to not be envious or upset.

Quoting Bri060492:

I'm feeling overly down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)