Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyed and now upset.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my mil was talking to dh today and she doesn't think I'm getting over my miscarriage and I'm getting depressed. Well it's been two weeks today since I actually lost the baby. And since when is there a time limit to grieve?

And I'm not like her dd who's had atleast 8 miscarriages and can get over them just like that.

And I know I'm not depressed. I know my own emotions and my body and I'm doing how I should be doing. Just because I can't talk about it and I'm not super happy all the time doesn't mean I'm not healing. I guess I'll just fake being happy to please everyone and I won't ever speak of this again after Saturday. (We are having a little service for our baby Saturday). Two weeks must be long enough to feel sad. And I was so excited to make everyone candles for the 15th but now I'm not in the mood to be crafty. 😢

Sorry for the rant I just need to talk to someone who will understand.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamatink7
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Sending you hugs and prayers during this heartbreaking time. There is no time limit for grief and definitely not from an outside party giving you a limit!!
you can rant, rave, vent and definitely feel sad and think about the baby any time you choose to-even past Saturday.
I still think & talk about our lost angels more times than others realize.
God Bless you and your family
1northwestmom
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Mobile Photo

do what feels right for you, decide her bad attitude means nothing to you
Make the candles, this will bring you a little bit of peace & closure
Hugs 💛
Sorry for your loss.
BabiesAre2Sweet
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Don't let her negatively get to you. Everyone grieves differently and there is no time limit on it no matter what some people may think. You do what you need to and don't let anyone tell you how you should be feeling. I am sorry for your loss. Sending hugs & prayers your way.
Hippiemama424
by Member on Oct. 11, 2015 at 1:02 AM
There is no time limit. It took me almost a year of being depressed, I guess, but I didn't even know it really. It was a year in September that I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I'm just now realizing that I need to get back on track. It's hard. Really hard. And you have every right to feel the way that you do.
Green426
by Member on Oct. 13, 2015 at 9:00 AM
There is no time limit on when your grief should "end," and maybe it never will completely go away. I was told it could take up to a year for me to stop crying at strange moments or milestones. It sounds like your MIL is insensitive to your pain. Grieving your baby is completely normal, and don't let anyone tell you to "get over it." The life you carried will always be your baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)