Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unfortunately new to the group

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:43 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hi my name is Tiffany. I'm 25 years old and this is my first miscarriage. We found out I was pregnant February 12th. I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 year now and I have two children from a previous marriage. Needless to say, we both had mixed emotions about this surprise. We went to the doctor March 9th and the baby only measured 6 weeks and 3 days. The growth didn't measure up to how far along I was supposed to be. So we were told to come back in a week to check to see if the baby grew anymore. Well unfortunately it didn't and there was still no heartbeat. I have what they call a missed miscarriage or a silent miscarriage. Well I woke up this morning and I felt as if I was bleeding. I went to the bathroom and there was only a light brownish, pink substance, but no steady bleeding. I've had slight cramping and I'm sick to my stomach. I had to leave work under bad circumstances and I feel awful. I pray that everything passes today so I can possibly work tomorrow. I know I shouldn't think about that right now but I feel so bad. I feel as if I screwed them over having to leave. I always think about everyone else and never myself. I'm tired of being the strong one. I'm tired of forcing myself to work through things. I just want this to be over already. Does that make me a bad person? I feel like I am..I'm sorry that this is my first post and it's so whiney.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Amigajen
by Jen on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Everything that you are feeling is perfectly normal! I think that we as women tend to not put ourselves first! I am sorry for your loss, wish I could give you a hug! This is a great group, to vent, scream or cry in if you need too! I have found much support being here when I went through 2 m/c back to back. I hope things go well for you and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! <3

Hippie_Chic_
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Thank you so much. Everything just stopped. No bleeding or cramping. I'm scared this will drag out 😢

Quoting Amigajen:

Everything that you are feeling is perfectly normal! I think that we as women tend to not put ourselves first! I am sorry for your loss, wish I could give you a hug! This is a great group, to vent, scream or cry in if you need too! I have found much support being here when I went through 2 m/c back to back. I hope things go well for you and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! <3

jellybean824
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM

No matter what your initial feelings on this pregnancy, it is difficult to have to go through the process of miscarriage. I am sorry that you are going through this. There is no one way to deal with this. I can understand your frustration that this seems to be taking so long. Wanting things to be over does not make you a bad person. Maybe for you, getting back to work and back to your routine will help in your healing process. It is difficult to take time for yourself, when you are used to being the "strong one." However, being strong can also mean knowing when you need to take of yourself. You will be better equipped to give to others in your life when you are healthy yourself. So take the time you need to heal-physically, emotionally, and mentally. Then, when you are ready, you will be able to move forward.

Hippie_Chic_
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Thank you so much. So very much.

Quoting jellybean824:

No matter what your initial feelings on this pregnancy, it is difficult to have to go through the process of miscarriage. I am sorry that you are going through this. There is no one way to deal with this. I can understand your frustration that this seems to be taking so long. Wanting things to be over does not make you a bad person. Maybe for you, getting back to work and back to your routine will help in your healing process. It is difficult to take time for yourself, when you are used to being the "strong one." However, being strong can also mean knowing when you need to take of yourself. You will be better equipped to give to others in your life when you are healthy yourself. So take the time you need to heal-physically, emotionally, and mentally. Then, when you are ready, you will be able to move forward.

ashtie
by Ashten on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:21 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, and any feelings you are feeling are valid. You are grieving and there is no right way ro do it!
cayla801
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi Tiffany, I'm sorry you had to join this group but I am happy that you are here. I don't think it makes you a bad person for wanting this to be over at all. My first miscarriage was around the same stage as yours and it lasted a total of about 4 weeks. Although, it was only painful for a few days. I had a completely nautral miscarriage though so I had nothing to help me pass the baby or speed things up. I am still in the process of my second miscarriage so I have no information on time there. Just remember, right now is a time for you to love yourself and let your soul heal. *hugs*

Hippie_Chic_
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Thank you so much. Last night was rough. I was in alot of pain. I only spotted on and off a few times. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm scared but I really need to work. This morning I had some pain and I slept for awhile. It is seeming as if this will drag out and it hurts so much.

Quoting cayla801:

Hi Tiffany, I'm sorry you had to join this group but I am happy that you are here. I don't think it makes you a bad person for wanting this to be over at all. My first miscarriage was around the same stage as yours and it lasted a total of about 4 weeks. Although, it was only painful for a few days. I had a completely nautral miscarriage though so I had nothing to help me pass the baby or speed things up. I am still in the process of my second miscarriage so I have no information on time there. Just remember, right now is a time for you to love yourself and let your soul heal. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)