Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know how to get over loss...any help?
by on Mar. 12, 2018 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MichelleLZ
by Member on Mar. 12, 2018 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How far along were you? Can you release a balloon with their name on it? You should probably go to a support group (IRL) or talk to a therapist. I know for me it helps that he has a grave in the cemetery that I go visit often. Also you don’t really get over it. Everyone around you expects you to get over it at some point, but you lost a child. You don’t ever get over it, you just find a way to live with the loss. It will hurt forever because you lost a baby. But that pain won’t always overwhelm your life. I also have a bear with his name that I cuddle on the bad days. But please have a support system (therapist, support group, family, friends ) to help you through the pain. I’m so sorry for your loss.
free2bme579
by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Miscarriage does make you feel sad. You are looking forward to your baby's arrival. When that does not happen, at least for me, it felt like I didn't know exactly what to do with myself or how to get on track. I also feared having to face people as they tried to make me feel better and I feared the funeral. 

Talking about how you feel with other women who have experienced it will help you to feel better. That really helped me. I alos found something to fill the empty place. for me that was going to church and joinging a Bible Study. Both helped me not to get over it, but to release the sadness. Find what will make you feel stronger, a support group, going to church, focus on places where you will receive understanding support and strengthening guidance. You may also want to call for free counseling so that you can talk this through. When I got stuck. I called Focus on the Family. I did not speak to a counselro right away. I had to wait for a call back, but the counsleor really helped me to start taking the right steps for me.

I know it's not easy, but you are strong. You will be able to be happy again.

Hope

kelly0208
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2018 at 6:38 PM
Thank you both. I was only 6 weeks, so no funeral or anything nor did I even know the gender. I felt like she was a girl, so I am going to be making a pillow with the name my 5 year old daughter picked. She didn't know I was pregnant but really wants a sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)