Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eyes and the ER

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

Let me first say that I HATE eyes....they freak me out big time.  I can't even watch somebody put contacts in/ take them out without having a mild personal freak out about it. 

So DSs eyes have been puffy for a while from his allergies - not the eyes themselves, but like around them.  It kinda looked like he had a shiner, ya know? But his eyes were clear and aside from rubbing at them occassionally and having a snotty nose,   he acted fine otherwise.  Well Friday when DH got home, we look at his eye and the white of his eye is TAN and sorta bulgy/pus looking.  It was seriously the grossest thing ever!  So I take him to the ER and it's just an eye infection, so now he has to get eye drops 4x a day.  UGH  holding down a squirmy 3 yr old and trying to get drops IN his eye is the worst!!  Just thinking about it makes my eyes itchy and creeps me out!

Anyone else secretly freak out about something medical but do it anyway bc it's for your kids?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jesi817
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM

hahaha aw the joys of being a mommy! id say shots are the worst. geez- i freakin hate seeing my daughter cry!! i cant imagin holding down a 3 yr old- my 22 month old is strong and we have to hold her down for shots. i hope he gets better!!!

key2ynot
by Group Admin on May. 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

He seems to be doing better already - and he's fighting the drops a little less every time.  Methinks he figured out that they make it feel better!    He actually handles shots pretty well - both the boys do.  Hopefully I won't eat my words on that on Wed when he goes for his yearly check up!  lol

montessori_mama
by Group Admin on May. 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Phew -- glad he's getting better!  I haven't had to deal with anything medical yet.  Annabelle has had a pretty mild eye infection, but not bad enough to need prescription drops, so I've just been using breastmilk to clear it up.  Squirting milk in my baby's eye feels really mean, even though I know it's helping her!

key2ynot
by Group Admin on May. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I'm nursing Izzy now so if she gets it I'll use breastmilk on her, but his was SO bad (plus I can only imagine the scene if I tried to squirt breastmilk into his eyes  LOL)

jesi817
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM

hahaha im visualizing you moms quirting bm into the baby's (and 3yo's) eyes! LOL too funny! a moms gotta do what a moms gotta doi!! :) hahahaha good laugh for the day!

mellmom2
by Group Admin on May. 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM

poor little guy but glad me is on the mend!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)