Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding comebacks

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 151 Total Views

So I was in a post today about a woman getting harrassed for nursing - in her own parked car no less.  And told her that I have a list of comebacks in case anyone gives me any trouble while I'm feeding my kid in public.  So I figured I'd share it here too :-)

ok some of my favorite comebacks:

"if you dont want to watch me feed my child feel free to stop staring"

"No, I think YOU'D be more comfortable in the bathroom or a more private place. I'm fine here."

"Sure, I’ll stop - are you gonna take over for me?"

If my breastfeeding offends you, I will be happy to ask your waiter to bring you your food in the restroom.”

If breastfeeding offends you, put a blanket over YOUR head!

Are you still nursing?

"No I feed him the blood of annoying people - you're looking mighty tasty!'

"Why - you want some too? You'll have to wait your turn"

"Yes, his doctor is so thrilled. So many moms give up due to pressures of rude friends and family"

Isn’t he a little old for that?”

“Aren’t you a little old to be randomly coming up to strangers and asking impolite questions?”

*I think my favorite is the blood of annoying people one.  BAH HA HA HA Plus it also works if you are giving formula and someone is trying to bash you for that choice  

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
montessori_mama
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I love breastfeeding comebacks : )  I've never had to use one, though, thankfully!  No one has ever so much as given me a rude look, which is awesome.  I'm sure people have been uncomfortable, but none had the nerve to say anything.

jesi817
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:54 AM

lol those are cute! ill have to remember those when i breast feed again! haha

halloween_scare
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM

If I ever have an other baby I will SOOOO use those. But I have never really been approached by strangers about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)