Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Repeat Of PeeWee's Journal

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 821 Total Views

Edit this post

PeeWee, I am sitting here thinking about what I want to say to you but all I can do is think about how very much I miss you! It has been one year ago today that you left me. I don't think you wanted to go. I begged you not to leave me. You looked at me like you understood what I was saying. But then I thought about it and told you if you needed to go, it was okay. I sure didn't want you to though!

I could see that you were not breathing good and I had a feeling you were going to leave me. I didn't want to accept that. I just couldn't bare the thought of waking up every morning and you not being there or going to bed at night and you not sleeping with me. You were my sleeping buddy!

I miss the way you use to chase Austin and the way you use to fight with Russ. We have so many good memories! Maw Maw's lap was your favorite place besides mine. If I said the words "Aunt Tonya" or "Maw Maw", you would always get excited because you knew who I was talking about. When you were younger, you use to ride on my shoulders when we went somewhere together.

When Pop was alive and you were younger, he got THE biggest kick out of watching you play ball. I would throw it and you would chase it. The problem was that you stopped so fast your rear couldn't stop and it went straight up in the air! Big Pop loved that! He would laugh so hard!

When we went to Maw Maw's, she would get a kick out of how you didn't want to share your dog

food with the cat! You would eat till you got full. When you finished, you would walk away and the cat would go over to the plate and you would run her off! You would start eating again even though you were stuffed just so the cat couldn't get it. Then if the cat acted like she was coming toward the plate again, you would show her your teeth!

Big Pop use to call you the dog with the Alligator mouth and the Tadpole rear! He loved the way you thought you were as big as all of the other dogs! I use to call you "My little Rottweiler"! You were not afraid of a bigger dog!

Remember the time when we lived in Lucedale, MS and we were sitting on the front porch and a skunk came out from under the house? You thought it was a cat and went after it before I could stop you. I wanted to kill that skunk! I took you in and shampooed you and thank goodness the smell left! You always barked at the cows across the street. I always wondered what you thought they were.

PeeWee Precious, There is a hole inside of me as big as the Grand Canyon that will never never be filled til I see you again! You were the light of my life! You loved me no matter what! You were always happy to see me even if I was only gone for 5 minutes! You never caused me any trouble! I am very thankful to God for allowing me to have you for 14 years! You were one of the best blessings He has ever given me! I would not have traded you for all of the money in the world! No amount of money can come close to matching your worth!

PeeWee, guess what? I have started a group online for people like me that have lost their furbabies and are hurting so bad like I am! In honor of you, I am calling it PeeWee's Place! It is going great! I found out that there are so many hurting people out there!

If you see Prince, Wild Thing, Ana's Frosty or Sandi's Nash, Babigyrl or PeeWee the Parakeet, Chanda's Chiquita & Max, Jinjer's Zorro, My Petey, Duke, Sox and Bear, Pat's Rockie, Krystal's Princess & Rowdy, Heather's Yogi & Lucky, Lynn's Hobo, Colleen's Starla, Shaina's furbabies, Terrie's Brandi, Brookie, Chippy, Precious or any of the other one's, please tell them how very much we miss and love them and we will see them again one day soon!     

crying

by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clmsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
As touching now as the first time I read it Gail. Absolutely beautiful.
nana9195
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM

VERY BEAUTIFUL GAIL!!!!!!!

ainteasy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Gail ..PeeWee was blessed to share his love with you......................you gave him the best life he ever could have had on earth ..........now he is in a better place that is pain free...........and you would want that for PeeWee even tho it would leave a hole in your heart but one day that hole will be closed when you are with PeeWee again ...but in the meantime............you are loving him with your memories  ....while he is away and PeeWee would not want you sad........he would want you happy as he is...........hugs Sandi

RiverPhenix
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for making me cry!!!! LOL That was beautiful Gail!! Thank you for acknowledging my Zorro baby, that was special to me. Love you for starting this group, making this group what it is today, and letting me in this group to experience all the love everyone has to offer. Thank you all for being by my side during the death of my baby Zorro, I couldn't have survived without each and everyone of you!!! God bless you Gail and God bless everyone in this group!!!

gailvereen
by Group Owner on Apr. 29, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Oh Lord! Now all of yoou have me crying with your words! This just touches me! PeeWee was my heart! He was a very special baby! It was like he could look at you and talk to you with those big brown eyes! I have so many wonderful memories with him and I! Thanks everyone for your special love!!! I couldn't do without you!

ainteasy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Quoting RiverPhenix:

Thanks for making me cry!!!! LOL That was beautiful Gail!! Thank you for acknowledging my Zorro baby, that was special to me. Love you for starting this group, making this group what it is today, and letting me in this group to experience all the love everyone has to offer. Thank you all for being by my side during the death of my baby Zorro, I couldn't have survived without each and everyone of you!!! God bless you Gail and God bless everyone in this group!!!

Hugs Jinger...............

ainteasy
nanu43
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Just wonderful the love we share here...and the way we can tell each other everything.. have the fun we do ... cut up and not get mad... pray for each other and give advice and encourgement... just love you girls...

and Gail know that love of looking in the eyes of your pets... I see love in mines everyday and it would break my heart to not have it... so know your heart has to hurt... but the Lord was good and gave you little Peanut and Pepper... they can never take the place of Pee Wee.. but they do make you smile again... and Jinjer I remember how we took you under our wings and gave you all the love and comfort we could across the miles when you lost your Zorro...know you still miss him... but the Lord put Billie in your life to help you cope... so glad you started this group for us Gail... one thing is sure here... when you need a friend you have one... their always there for you... love & hugs...

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY PEE WEE'S PLACE...

Phyllis 

gailvereen
by Group Owner on Apr. 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Here it goes again! You gals are so sweet! You made me cry! It is just wild how the Lord put us all together to comfort each other and have that loving friendship! Thank you to everyone for your precious words to me and for loving me and understanding how much I loved my little PeeWee! I hope he sees what I am doing in his honor! It won't be long and it will be two years ago that he left me! That is on June 22 at around 10pm.

junebug1934
by Member on Apr. 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM

What a touching journal! I read it the first time but it still made me cry when I read it this time! I loved PeeWee too! He was a very special dog! There wasn't another like him! RIP PeeWee! I love you Mr Rottweiler!

ainteasy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM

FOR EVERYONE WHO MAKES GAILS SIGGYS.........THEY ARE SO CUTE I LOVE LOVE LOVE TO SEE THEM !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)