Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Prayer Request

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

This is my son, Kyle. I've written about his situation before, but for those who are new or those who don't remember, I will explain. I'll try to condense it.

Kyle was involved in a motorcycle crash in Feb 2011. A school bus turned in front of him. At some point at scene, he died. They were able to revive him and transport him to hospital. In was in ICU for 6 wks, and in hospital for therapy another 2 wks after that. Staff was amazed at his progress. To date, he has had 19 surgeries. The last 2 were for his left ankle, which was broken. So far, it looks like it may have worked.

Seems the last issue will be his teeth. He lost 4 teeth, in the upper left side. The bottom front 4 teeth were pushed all the way  back. They did put a brace in front hoping the teeth would heal. They have and haven't. 2 of those teeth have had to have root canals. Now they found after x-rays, that one of the teeth is dying off. It will need to be pulled. Since both jaws were broken, I have a feeling Kyle will always have issues with his teeth. He, by no means, is vain, but he is self consciencious about smiling. Besides all this, he still needs a bone graph for his upper left jaw, before they even begin replacing those teeth. Poor kid is only 26 yrs old and has so many issues to deal with. He doesn't get depressed often, but it rears its ugly head now and then.

I just ask that you say a little prayer for my "baby" boy. On Friday, he is having another root canal. On Monday, he is having that front tooth extracted.

For anyone who wants to read his story, go to http://www.caringbridge.org/  Type in kylefrankhauser and it will take you to his page. Thank you.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
letstalk747
by Head Admin on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

praying

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

catchesthewind
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember your writing about this and am so sorry to hear about all his pain and suffering he's had to go through:) I will keep him and my prayers and wish him the best for Monday, God bless you and him and it will get better. I myself have a lot of teeth problem and had lots removed after my transplant due to medications. I had dentures made, but they made one side so crooked, I just don't wear them, so I understand. A smile comes from the heart and not the just face:) Love n hugs to both, Monique:)

Catchesthewindangel mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)