Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth Diapers

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 799 Total Views

My son is 7 1/2 months it may be a little late but I'm wandering about cloth diapers. I know nothing about them. I need all the info ya'll are willing to give me. monthly costs, pro's, and cons. We are wanting to have another child in the next year or two so this info would be helpful. I asked friends and family and only got negative remarks telling me to stick with huggies and papmers.

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Meli55aG2001
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Sorry this isn't clickable but it may help you understand what the different types are and how they work.

http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/article_differentsystems.asp

A link that breaks down the cost of cloth diapers.

http://www.diaperdecisions.com/pages/cost_of_cloth_diapers.php
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Head Fluffinator on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM
I use flats and prefolds with covers. The covers I use are thirsties duo wraps$13 and they're very nice. I also like the marvels by kissaluvs diaper cover$18. They're both one size. I buy my covers from diapers.com because they have free shipping and it almost never takes more than two days. I also use fuzzibunz elites which are one size fits all pocket diapers. I prefer flats and covers though.
Hanab818
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I make my diapers. So it can be fairly cheap if I can get my fabric on sale. I love them I converted to cloth when I was pregnant with ds2 and ds1 was only 8 months. I love the fact I NEVER have to buy a sposie again! I use pocket and gpants(I first bought them before I had a sewing machine). My inserts are microfiber with a suede cloth top layer or a flannel with zorb inner for day time. And bamboo fleece with zorb insert for night time. I'm also in the process of converting all me diapers to snaps since ds1 keeps taking of both his and his brothers diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unicornqweef
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Quoting polkaspots:

I use flats and prefolds with covers. The covers I use are thirsties duo wraps$13 and they're very nice. I also like the marvels by kissaluvs diaper cover$18. They're both one size. I buy my covers from diapers.com because they have free shipping and it almost never takes more than two days. I also use fuzzibunz elites which are one size fits all pocket diapers. I prefer flats and covers though.

What are flats?
I have started with just the diaper packs at Walmart and the plastic diaper cover. It doesn't work great with ari. She is older and they move around a lot. So I go back to Huggies
polkaspots
by Head Fluffinator on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Flats are cloth diapers that are flat, one layer of fabric (cotton usually) that you fold and out under a cover. I think you're referring to dappi covers. They're the vinyl pull on pants, right? I hate those. I use them as back ups whenever I run out of good covers, but I'm only cloth diapering my little baby. I use disposables with the older one.
Quoting Unicornqweef:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)