Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to do.

Posted by   + Show Post
My fb does not want to try cloth diapers. He keeps pushing disposable. I don't know enough able cloth to persuade him but really want to know and try them. All our friends and family are negative about using cloth diapers. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Replies (21-22):
NicLof2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Ty
We have been cloth diapering for 6 months now. We have 37 CD's now. I love it and dh is on board and changes diapers all the time.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

My dh was completely against it because he didn't realize how easy it could be.
I found some pockets to try out for really cheap and showed him how they work and he's totally on board. He says he's just happy he doesn't have to fold a flat up and pin it on with safety pins!

I gently persuaded him that we should try it by suggesting that we get just enough to try it out in combination with sposies and we could still use some sposies when we need or want to. I did the math and even if we only replace 6 sposies a day then we're saving over $300 a year, not to mention all the waste we're avoiding! I've only spent about $30 on enough to replace at least 8 diapers a day, if I wash them once a day. 4 diapers a day if I wash every other.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Head Fluffinator on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Alvababy!! They're about six dollars each and since they're pockets, they wash wonderfully and can be washed frequently. Line dry the pockets and use the dryer for the inserts. They'll last so much longer. The snaps are a but difficult for me, but I have arthritis. Thirsties makes some nice one size covers, and even though they're a bit pricey (for me, anyway) with a good diaper underneath they can be used quite a few times before they need to be washed. My husband uses the pockets and all in ones, while I use flats, prefolds and covers. Do the math for buying a few diapers of each type that you'd be interested in using, and then do the math for disposables for a year. You're almost guaranteed to save money.

Just saw how old this post was. Yay for cloth diapers!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN