Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pocket Diapers with micro fiber insert??? UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 975 Total Views
I'm going to a cloth diaper class on Monday the 17th. But I would like y'alls opinions on Sunbaby pocket diapers with microfiber inserts!? Also can you explain this to me, do I have to keep buying inserts? Are they disopable inserts? Or do I just buy extra that way when he dirties it I just put in a new insert and keep the pocket on or what? Confused right now. I know the class will show me a lot but wanted info from y'all as well and so I'm not completely clueless at the class.

Went to class tonight! Bought 7 pocket diapers (4 will be here soon), won a Halloween pocket diaper, was given a dozen or more of prefolds and 1 cover. I'm on the way to witting started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildflower1980
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Pockets have a layer of fabric closest to baby that gets soiled when they go pee or poo. I wouldn't restuff a used pocket. I personally prefer inserts and covers because they can be used as you described and do not require "stuffing"- I just lay a clean insert in the cover and go. Microfiber inserts are washable, but it helps to have extras for those "double-stuff"" moments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Do you have a picture of a cover? Do I can get idea of what your talking about.

Quoting wildflower1980:

Pockets have a layer of fabric closest to baby that gets soiled when they go pee or poo. I wouldn't restuff a used pocket. I personally prefer inserts and covers because they can be used as you described and do not require "stuffing"- I just lay a clean insert in the cover and go. Microfiber inserts are washable, but it helps to have extras for those "double-stuff"" moments.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildflower1980
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM

This is a PUL cover with a cotton outer and snaps. They come with Velcro, too, and various types of outers- minky being the other popular fabric.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildflower1980
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

This is the inside. The PUL is a wipeable surface making it reusable. A pocket would have some type of inner layer here and you would put the insert in the opening between this layer and the inner fabric.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildflower1980
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM

This is a cover with an insert in it. Baby potties and I pull the insert out and put a new one in. As long as nothing gets on the outer fabric, the cover can be reused.

I hope that helps. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM
That was very helpful!! Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannytoMom2012
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM

one of each

I thought this might help. The far left is a thirsties duo cover, the middle is an Oh Katy pocket diaper and the right is a bumgenius all in one.. I will post the insides next
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannytoMom2012
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM

inside

The cover is a pul and can be wiped clean and re-used. The pocket has an insert that I pulled out a bit to show you and the whole diaper gets dirty everytime. The all in one is similar in needing to be changed each time but does not need to be stuffed, just put on baby. The only one I don't have is a wool cover and an all in two but that is essentially a cover with an insert layed on top and put on baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannytoMom2012
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM
All but the thirsties are one size and can be adjusted to fit from 8-35lbs and the thirsties can be adjusted to fit 6-18lbs. They all also come in sized options. Hope I could be of some help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Thank you so much! You and wildflower have helped me so much!

Quoting NannytoMom2012:

All but the thirsties are one size and can be adjusted to fit from 8-35lbs and the thirsties can be adjusted to fit 6-18lbs. They all also come in sized options. Hope I could be of some help :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)