Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Fuzzi Bunz

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM
  • 62 Replies
  • 7042 Total Views
www.fuzzibunz.com

Fuzzi Bunz Diaper System: All in two pocket style diaper
Comes with Standard and Speciality Sizes...
Standard sizes:
Small, Medium and Large
Specialty sizes:
X-small, X -large and
Petite Toddler
$18.00/ each

Suggests 12 Diapers to start... thats for the size you need of course. SO through out you would need at least the 3 Standard sizes (total 36 Diapers)
Comes in both prints and solids
15 solids were listed on the Fuzzi Bunz website and no prints... but I saw prints on retailer sites... go figure.
  • Outer Shell - The waterproof outer barrier is made from 100% polyurethane laminated outer poly knit to keep wetness contained.
  • Inner Fleece - The soft polyester micro fleece inner layer gently touches baby's skin, pulling away moisture and keeping baby dry, rash-free and comfortable.
  • Pocket Opening - The unique, patented pocket-style opening enables parents to customize the absorbency to fit their baby's needs. Stuff the pocket with the included micro terry insert for maximum absorbency and add additional inserts for heavy wetters.
  • Not considered a "natural" fiber type diaper.

Caring for your Fuzzi Bunz:

Fuzzi Bunz diapers are single use diapers. Wash both the Fuzzi Bunz and insert after each use.

Most babies will experience little to no diaper rash after using Fuzzi Bunz. Do not use any rash or diaper ointments or creams with the diapers.

When wet, separate insert and Fuzzi Bunz and store in a dry diaper pail.

If soiled, simply knock solids into toilet. Small solids stuck to the fleece will dissolve in the wash. Use a mini-shower toilet attachment to rinse off soiled diapers over the toilet (optional).

Washing/Drying your Fuzzi Bunz:

First, run a cold rinse or soak cycle with no detergent.

Second, run a hot cycle with detergent. Do not use bleach.

Third, if your hot wash is not automatically followed by a cold rinse, run a cold rinse cycle. This step only necessary with a particularly dirty load.

Tumble dry the diapers in dryer on low or hang to dry. Do not use fabric softener or pure soap*. Never dry on high heat.

Important Notes: you will need to purchase separetely doublers/inserts... they range in price... to start with Fuzzi Bunz... 3 standard sizes 12 Diapers each... cost will be $648.00

Join My Group Interracial Families Forum ~Rejects~ http://www.cafemom.com/group/23285/ I was rejected from the other one... for not posting enough info on my page... so I simply started my own! No need to "apply" just join =)

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    minneapolismama
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM
    wow. they raised the price!
    EEYORE1374
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    I have to say fuzzi bunz are my fav dipe!!!  I was just thinking that right before i layed my 2yr old down for his nap. I used sposies with ALL my kids up til about 6mos ago. And the dipe change at nap time WOULD HAVE DEFINATLY BEEN A BLOW OUT!!! But since they have great elastic at the top it was contained!!! Have I mentioned I love my diapers?!
    Happy Holidays!
    OutlawMUA
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    Okay okay, call me crazy. I don't love mine.
    They're not bad, I'm not saying they are. Just not my favorite dipe. Personally hate the snaps, which is my biggest thing. My ds seems to like them less than others too. But I know they have a cult following and I understand it. Just not for me!
    I do use them at nap and bedtime because I can tighten the legs a little... still leaks though. :/

JenB1983
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 5:07 PM
    I LOVE my Fuzzis!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't want to, I really didn't(LOL); seeing that her business practices seem kind of, well, questionable.  But they are great!  I've never had a problem with leaking, they fit great, and they look great!  I bought a bunch of his next size(the petites are awesome for my baby) when they clearanced out all of the old style.  I haven't tried any of the new style, but plan on buying some when we get our tax return. :-D

Puma_tini
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    whats up with her business practices? the company you put money into is important too!!!

Join My Group Interracial Families Forum ~Rejects~ http://www.cafemom.com/group/23285/ I was rejected from the other one... for not posting enough info on my page... so I simply started my own! No need to "apply" just join =)

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

EuroMomTX
    by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 10:07 PM
    After starting out with cotton and wool we quickly switched over to Fuzzi Bunz and have been using that brand exclusively for about 16 months. It's better than anything else we tried but is it perfect - no.

Since all the cons have already been listed I am going to just write what I don't like about them:

* not consistent enough in sizing. I have a FB print in size Large and it's more like a medium. The turqoise ones seem to be too big in the leg, etc.

* the elastic gets droopy. They offer instructions on how to replace them but hey, if I could sew elastic into diapers, I'd just sew the whole diaper myself!

* customer service is not great. I received much better service from Kissaluvs.

Oh by the way: I LOVE the snaps! I can't stand Aplix. So stiff and you always have to watch it for laundry time. Plus my little guy can open velcro in no time.
    JenB1983
    by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Quoting Puma_tini:

whats up with her business practices? the company you put money into is important too!!!

From what I've been told by my dipe making friends that she(the owner of FB) pateneted the name and design of the pocket diaper, and is pretty darn strict with enforcing it.  So now the other mama's that make dipes either have to pay to use the name "pocket diaper" or come up with another name.  She also moved a LOT of her labor to Mexico, becuase it is cheaper to mass produce that way.  I've yet to get a Made in Mexico dipe, but I've heard through the grapevine that they don't seem to be holding up as well as the Made in America dipes. 

MandRsmom
    by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Quoting OutlawMUA:

Okay okay, call me crazy. I don't love mine.
    They're not bad, I'm not saying they are. Just not my favorite dipe. Personally hate the snaps, which is my biggest thing. My ds seems to like them less than others too. But I know they have a cult following and I understand it. Just not for me!
    I do use them at nap and bedtime because I can tighten the legs a little... still leaks though. :/

Have you tried any others? I have Bum Genius OS and they're ok, I've wondered if I'd like another one better.
    EEYORE1374
    by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 12:58 AM
    I have a bg and it's not at the bottom of my list, but not the 1st one I grab for either. The attractions I have to it are these...

no snaps for others to "guess" where you set them

they roll up and tack together like a sposie would

claims the only size you will need (although I haven't used it on a newborn)

Now my attractions to fb are....

Kiddo cannot get them off...(easily) SNAPS

nice leg/waist choices

never leaks on me

My 3yr old uses them like pull ups at night and on long trips.(1 snap looser than usual and they pull right up and down wonderfully I never help him do that and it's a sinch!!)

Not sure why but aio'sare not my friend. they leak, are bunchy, never dry, uhh!
    SaraRandall
    by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    I bought mine from www.fuzzibunzstore.com

My inlaws got me a gift certificate and I love the fact that they have Packages.
    Plus they have great inserts and they shipped to me and I live at an APO Address.(APO means I live on a US Air Base in Okinawa, Japan it also means It's really tuff to get things shipped here.) I am in no way offiliated with this store. Just they were wonderful and Helpful.

I do Have a Question for everyone though,

When it says to wash Hemp Inserts 4-5 times does that mean Wash then dry, wash then dry, Wash then dry.

Or Just Wash, wash, wash, Dry?

It seems silly I know but just curious.

Sara
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)