Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Swaddlebees & Blueberry

Posted by   + Show Post

If you have or do use any of either Swaddlebees or Blueberry diapers give your review!

http://swaddlebees.com/ & http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/

Swaddlebees offers the widest range of cloth diapers that uses organic cotton to ensure 100% good health and safety for America’s babies.  They are non-toxic and non-irritating and have quickly become “the cleanest diapers on the planet.”   Swaddlebees and Blueberry diapers contain no bleach, no chlorine and no pesticides on the cotton fibers.  This is especially important because young children are more vulnerable to toxic exposure. 

In mid 2007 Margarita launched her new fun and fashionable cloth diaper line called Blueberry.  Stripes, dots, animal prints and fun colors.  She can hardly keep up with the demand.   Erika of Alpharetta, Georgia raves, “It’s a wonderful diaper!  It fits my daughter great, no leaks, fabulous insert, adorable colors and patterns, made in the USA – what more can you ask for?  Blueberries are by far the best diaper on the market!”  This new line is sold through select cloth diaper retailers and online at www.blueberrydiapers.com.

Blueberry diapers come in a wide range of exciting upbeat colors and patterns.  They even come in chic animal prints like zebra, cheetah and pink Dalmatian.    All in all, there are over 32 designer colors and prints to choose from.   That’s one diaper design for every day of the month!  

What Makes Our Diapers Special

Whether it's Swaddlebees or Blueberry diapers, we put just as much care and effort in creating clean diapers the same way you would in making a meal for people you love--you start with the best ingredients.

Whenever possible, we source our fabrics from the USA.  This not only ensures us that the fabric is manufactured without any possible contaminants that may prove harmful to infants, but we have also found that the quality is more consistent and surpasses that of its imported counterparts.  Using US-made fabrics also helps keep the textile manufacturing industry alive in the US. 

The cotton used to make our organic cotton fabrics is sourced from the US as much as possible.  When supply is low, it is sourced from Turkey.  But no matter where the cotton comes from , the fabric is still milled in the US.

The microfleece we use has a special weave that makes it 95% less susceptible to detergent build-up that causes repelling and leaking issues to cloth diapers made with a polyester wicking layer.  It is 3 times more expensive than imported microfleece or suedecloth, but performance is our main priority and is something we feel must not be compromised.

Even the polyester knit used to make our laminated fabrics are all made in the US.  We design most of our prints and have them printed at a local fabric printing facility that strives to maintain a sustainable and environmentally-friendly operation by using aquaeous dyes instead of oil-based dyes, and reusing and recycling majority of the raw materials used in their operation.

We use latex-free elastics exclusively on all our diapering products.  Again, this type of elastic costs 3 times more than your typical polybraid or knitted elastic, but using latex-free elastic ensures us that the possibility of babies getting an allergic reaction with sensitivity to latex is greatly reduced, if not eliminated.  And just like most of the fabrics we use, our latex-free elastic are made in the USA as well.

Our products are carefully manufactured in a professionally-run equal-opportunity facility in the US where seamstresses and workers are paid an average of $10-12/hour, treated with respect, allowed sufficient time off to enjoy life and be with their families.

We pride ourselves in having one of the most anatomically-correct diapers available.  Simply put, our diapers fit great.  No sagging, bunching or stuff sticking out.  We carefully design our diapers to conform to the unique shape of babies to ensure the best fit, comfort and function.  We believe diapers aren't just waste-catchers, they're a fashion statement.  So they have to look the part and fit well. 

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Dec. 23, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Replies (21-24):
excougarmama
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I loved Swaddlebees when she was a NB. But after that they didn't hold the pee in at all.

auphelia
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:32 AM

I've had terrible experiences with swaddlebees covers with my daughter. They leak like crazy.

Marz31
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 12:04 PM

my stash is more than half Blueberr/Swaddlebees OS pockets (minky, deluxe/econappi, outlet) and they are by far my favorite diapers of my stash. They fit so well and even on my chubby 32-34 pound daughter. what I love the most is the combo insert. So much so that I have a number of extra ones that I use in other pockets that just came with microfiber.

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Mar. 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM
I absolutely love my blueberry one size cover. I just ordered more today, I've been trying different styles for a few months now and covers with fitteds or prefolds have won me over. I love that I can use the same cover more than once as long as it doesnt get soiled. Just wipe it clean and we're back in action! They fit my daughter great, too! No leaks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)