Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Thirsties

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 7548 Total Views

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/products.htm

Thirsties® line of cloth diapers were launched in 2004 in an effort to offer sustainably produced and quality designed diapers at affordable prices.  Our mission is to make it easy and attainable for every family to choose cloth while simultaneously investing in our local economy and sustainable business practices.

Our beloved 1-step diaper with built-in absorbency and waterproof outer shell.  Includes a pocket opening to stuff a doubler or insert when you need extra absorbency.  Inner layer of stay-dry microfleece keeps baby feeling dry and leg gussets are an excellent protection from blowouts.  This is the preferred cloth system of dad's and babysitters and of families on the go.                

Thirsties Diaper Covers are the top-rated wrap on the market!  The design of this cover was inspired by our own personal needs for a full coverage, properly-sized, gusseted cover in array of fun and exciting colors.  Made from a single layer of waterproot laminated fabric, these covers are soft and pliable and can be wiped clean between uses which allows for fewer covers in rotation.

Thirsties Fab Fitted cloth diaper paired with a Thirsties Diaper Cover makes for an incredible marriage you can truly count on.  Using a duet system including a fitted diaper and cover combo provides an extra barrier of elastic to help prevent leaks.  This 2-step method offers the best protection and the velcro closures make changes a snap for even Dad to perform.

Thirsties accessories are available to boost your overall experience and savings when choosing a reusable system.  Our Fab Wipes will save you over $700 alone over the course of birth to potty!  Also available are Fab Doublers and Hemp Inserts to advance the absorbency of your diapers when needed.  Choose a doubler for a daytime enhancement and an insert for nighttime.

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pumpooga
by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 9:18 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thirstie covers. I wish I had more than just one of them. I bought it from diaperswappers.com (I'm an avid shopper there when looking for dipes!) and for $7ppd I bought something extremely awesome!! I love it- I'd like more.

It's red- I can fit it over my HH fitteds my youngest wears, size M and I can also fit it over the WAHM fitteds my oldest wears, she's classified as L-XL. 

I love how they have the extra "leak protection" gusset-like thingy, extra material, to DEFINITELY cover bulkier fitteds, in my case!

I love them!

MamaJen74
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I had problems with the leg gussetts on Thirsties covers leaving red marks on my baby's legs.  She's a tiny thing so it wasn't that her legs were too chunky.  I tried tucking the gussetts in close to  the crease of her leg, but nothing worked.  I stopped using them.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Photobucket   

Group Admin~Cuties with Cloth Booties
~NEW or SOON-TO-BE Breastfeeders  
~Proud Public Breastfeeders

jpage
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 1:00 PM

When I used thirsties, I loved them! They fit well on my skinny mini!! I just used covers! I had 2. I don't use them now becuz my daughter gets blisters from PUL! but I give them an A++ for fit and for price!!

KayMMIV
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 2:55 PM

has anyone used these for a cover?
sepedaboyz

by sepedaboyz on May. 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM

I have a couple thirsties covers and fitteds. I use the covers on a few different kind of fitteds and they work VERY well. I really like them.
Jennifer310

by Jennifer310 on May. 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I have Thirstie covers and love and trust them but....I need to put the diaper on the old fashioned way with a snappi or I get leaks inside the covers. I can't just tri-fold and lay it in the cover, way to messy. But I love them and have never had a huge blowout.
AshleyBDG

by AshleyBDG on May. 12, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I have 2 thirsties covers and I love them. They're my favorite. I also have bummis sww, and prorap and the thirsties are my fave by far! They're very comfy like and the leg gussets seem very comfy for my little guy and protect against any leaks. I also use a prefold with snappi's or fitteds and they're awesome. I highly recommend them. Keep in mind though if you order some-- they run big so don't size up. Good luck!

Avarah

by Avarah on May. 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM

easily my favorite cover so far, but yeah - gotta use a snappi with them.

Jessmomto2

by Jessmomto2 on May. 13, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I love my Thirsties covers.  They are the only cover that has never leaked for us.
MamaKalila

by MamaKalila on May. 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM

we haven't had ours long... only have one pair at that lol. but i like them. esp the gusset part... i have two pair - thirsties and imse vimse - that have the gussets and like both much better than the pair i have w/out them.

APage

by APage on May. 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM

I have Thirsties and BSWW.  I always grab my Thirsties first. They're definitely my fave!
KayMMIV
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 2:59 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1103/boards/read.php?post_id=3794858&result=post_lock_toggled

Thirsties AIO no good :(

sweetgabenroo

May. 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM by sweetgabenroo
posted to Cloth Diapering Mamas

• 10 Replies
  • 77 Total Views
i got my new Thirsties AIO's and i was soo excited!!  .... then they sucked :(.  My DS wore one WITH a thirsties doubler for 2 hours and when i changed him he was leaking out both legs.  very disappointed, sending the two i havent washed back to trade in for another BB minky!
LilysMommy2307

by LilysMommy2307 on May. 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Sorry to hear that didn't work out for you. I have one thirsties AIO and haven't had any problems yet. Maybe they just weren't the right fit for your LO. Hope you about able to find something that will work for you =)
jztmelif

by jztmelif on May. 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Stinks that it does not work for you. I just got one of DS and it worked last night over night and he actually had it on for about 14 hours and never leaked.
sweetgabenroo

by sweetgabenroo on May. 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM

it actually fit him very well.  i was soo excited to use it because it is cute and it fit great.  maybe he just had a serious pee session at that particular time of day?  the diaper and the doubler were completely soaked
infantrychick

by infantrychick on May. 23, 2008 at 7:26 AM

I'm sorry the Thirsties didn't work for you!  I love ours!  I hope that washing a few more times solves the problem for you!
KayMMIV
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1103/boards/read.php?post_id=3205945&result=post_lock_toggled

MamaNash

Apr. 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM by MamaNash

• 8 Replies
  • 75 Total Views
I'm thinking about trying a Thirsties AIO w/pocket.  Has anyone else tried these.  I like the way the leg hole looks and that it has a pocket for added absorbancy. 

I'd love to hear what you all think!!

EuroMomTX

by EuroMomTX on Apr. 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM

I haven't tried the AIOs but I LOVE the microfiber inserts made by Thirsties. They are awesome! The best and most absorbent insert I have found!
I use that in my other pockets.

GinsAMom

by GinsAMom on Apr. 9, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Not sure of the AIOs, but I use the Fab Fitteds and covers and LOVE them!!! They absorb soooo much pee! And Have never had a blow out or leak from them. I have heard nothing but good things about Thirsties products.

Nikki77M

by Nikki77M on Apr. 9, 2008 at 10:54 PM

I love love the AIO's I only have one and I use it when it is clean for a nite dipe!! I would buy more if I NEEDED anymore dipes!! But when I have another one I will buy smaller ones for that stash!!! But to answer you question I love them!!

Jessmomto2

by Jessmomto2 on Apr. 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM

I have a few and they are nice.  They aren't as absorbent as their fitteds, so if you have a heavy wetter you'll need to add a doubler when out & about.  I may do half my stash in them next time around.
KayMMIV
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 3:04 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1103/boards/read/3062107/Thirsties_AIO_pocket_reviews

Thirsties AIO pocket, reviews???

Mar. 30, 2008 at 10:23 PM by Natsnumberthree

I was looking at these. And I was wondering if anyone has tried one yet?  I know a lot of you ladies like WAHMs, but someone has to had tried it.

Here's the link http://www.babycottonbottoms.com/thirsties_pocket_aio.htm
Nikki77M

by Nikki77M on Apr. 1, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I have one and I like it!!
Jessmomto2

by Jessmomto2 on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:32 AM

I have 4 for the diaper bag.  They are really nice, but if your little one is a heavy wetter you'll need a doubler.  We use all Thirsties for the most part and they are great, just not as absorbent as their fitteds and covers together.
mommybug02

by mommybug02 on Apr. 5, 2008 at 6:11 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! My heavy wettin' DD has been in her new one for almost 4 hours now and is NOT even close to leaking. I also have a prefold stuffed in the pocket. It fits her very well. I love that the velcro can overlap when I fasten it. Some of the others it needs to be able to overlap.

As for red marks, I don't see any and she seems very comfortable.
KayMMIV
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM
grokgrace

by grokgrace on Nov. 22, 2007 at 2:04 PM

I have a thirsties cover that I use with prefolds, and I really like it.

MamaJen74

Apr. 3, 2008 at 2:22 PM by MamaJen74

I have both BSWW and Thirsties.  I thought the leg gussetts on the Thirsties were a wonderful idea....but they leave red marks on my LOs leg.  If I leave the tabs fastened further out to make the leg holes bigger, the top is gaping.  Am I doing something wrong?  Any other ideas?  Maybe these covers just aren't going to work for us.
MooMeeValdez
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I use covers, fitted and all in ones. I just started w/fitteds and love them. Im thinking of using them for my son too at night, he is a heavy wetter and needs a doubler & prefold for nighttime in his AIO. I do have problems w/leaking for my son but I think we need to switch to hemp. Love Thirsties!!!!

busy momAndrea aka MooMeeValdezbreastfeeding

LolaRain
by What Do You SPOSIE on Dec. 31, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Thirsites are the number one reason I am still cloth diapering!! I kept looking for a cover for my fitteds that would work well and finally broke down and bought 4 thirsties for about $7 a piece and I never looked back! We actually got them in the mail on our way out of town for our last camping trip and OMG they were a lifesaver! We hung up a clothes line at our campsite and whenever she had a dirty diaper we just squirted a bit of soap on it and walked to the water spicket and scrubbed them out. The thirsties were always just hung on the line to sun dry! They are so wonderful! I told my husband that should we ever have another kid I know now exactly what I will be buying!

Coweta County Mom's...click on the map! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)