Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Thirsties

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/products.htm

Thirsties┬« line of cloth diapers were launched in 2004 in an effort to offer sustainably produced and quality designed diapers at affordable prices.  Our mission is to make it easy and attainable for every family to choose cloth while simultaneously investing in our local economy and sustainable business practices.

Our beloved 1-step diaper with built-in absorbency and waterproof outer shell.  Includes a pocket opening to stuff a doubler or insert when you need extra absorbency.  Inner layer of stay-dry microfleece keeps baby feeling dry and leg gussets are an excellent protection from blowouts.  This is the preferred cloth system of dad's and babysitters and of families on the go.                

Thirsties Diaper Covers are the top-rated wrap on the market!  The design of this cover was inspired by our own personal needs for a full coverage, properly-sized, gusseted cover in array of fun and exciting colors.  Made from a single layer of waterproot laminated fabric, these covers are soft and pliable and can be wiped clean between uses which allows for fewer covers in rotation.

Thirsties Fab Fitted cloth diaper paired with a Thirsties Diaper Cover makes for an incredible marriage you can truly count on.  Using a duet system including a fitted diaper and cover combo provides an extra barrier of elastic to help prevent leaks.  This 2-step method offers the best protection and the velcro closures make changes a snap for even Dad to perform.

Thirsties accessories are available to boost your overall experience and savings when choosing a reusable system.  Our Fab Wipes will save you over $700 alone over the course of birth to potty!  Also available are Fab Doublers and Hemp Inserts to advance the absorbency of your diapers when needed.  Choose a doubler for a daytime enhancement and an insert for nighttime.

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
Alli251
by on Jan. 15, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I liked ours, and bought it used.  The only thing is that the elastic on the leg has gone, and I can't use it with CPF's anymore, because it will leak.  I think it would still work with a fitted diaper, like a Kissaluv's, but haven't tried that yet.  I bought a few more in the next size up, but he hasn't grown into it yet.  I do like that the inside is wipeable, though.

BabyBoyMatthew
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM
i did not like my AIO thirsties the velcro started coming off after just a couple washes

Vaccine Free Pictures, Images and Photospro life Pictures, Images and PhotosStay At Home Mom Pictures, Images and Photos

Attachment Parenting Pictures, Images and PhotosAP Mama Pictures, Images and Photoscloth diaper blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

momof2boys0507
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I LOVE these covers! They work great on my 9 month old and my 22 month old. No leaks, no red marks! My 9 month old is a heavy wetter and this cover keeps him dry during naps and overnight with a prefold and 2 washcloths. Great price, I just wish they had more boy colors. =)

Alyssa

Sahm of 3 boys, proud wife of a mechanic

Come visit my blog! =)

fruteach
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I loved my Thisties covers. But now the mediums don't fit either of my boys and the larges are WAY too big. So we are stuck in between sizes. When they fit I would call them the best covers ever. I still use the larges but we have problems with wing droopage. Such a bummer.

earthmama727
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I bought one thirsties cover, one bummi super whisper wrap, and one prorap classic to use with our CPFs.  I had ordered our snappis and liners with another company and hadn't gotten them yet. the thirsties was the only one that worked well without the snappis. So far the prorap is just kinda OK and i don't like the bummi wrap at all. There are no leg gussets and the fact that it's so cloth like means her poo soaked in and stained itthe first time. I wish I just ordered all thirsties!  

WeooBeans
by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 4:59 AM

I am currently using the Thristies DuoWrap Cover, and I have to say, I LOVE IT!!

I will admit, I have not been using them long, but in the time I have been using them, they have been better than the covers I was using (Diaperaps). This doesn't leave any red marks on my son and I have yet to have any leaks.

The fact that there are two one size diapers really made the deal for me. I love these and would reccomend them to anyone.

mrs.scout
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I ordered a couple thirties that came in the mail today. I haven't used them yet but the bags they came in seemed like normal plastic but are 100% biodegradable/compostable, which is a huge plus to me!! The tags are printed on recylced paper too. Thought it was worth sharing.

LaborofLife
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I ordered many different diapers when I first started CD-ing and one of these was the gorgeous, pink thirties fab fitted. 

Erm...I hate it! The fit was quite good, it looked cute and my husband adored it because it was so easy to put on. But it was the least absorbent and that's the main function right? I stopped using it after about a month and I don't know where it is now! 

They are good looking though...I'll give them that.

houghmom
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I have tow os pocket diapers, or sleeve diapers as they call them on some sights.  I like the insert with the hemp and microterry, although it's a little wide.  I don't really care for velcro but these are okay.  The lining gets pilly.  Notice a theme in my postings?  I really hate pilly lining,lol. I bought one fab fitted when i was experimenting with fitteds and wool covers and i hated it.  It was so soft and cushy when i got it but after i washed it, it was a mess!  The inside was all rough with pills and i got rid of it as soon as i could.  My friend is using thirsties covers and she loves them.  She says they're the only cover that fits her newborn well and she's ordering more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN