Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Thirsties

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/products.htm

Thirsties® line of cloth diapers were launched in 2004 in an effort to offer sustainably produced and quality designed diapers at affordable prices.  Our mission is to make it easy and attainable for every family to choose cloth while simultaneously investing in our local economy and sustainable business practices.

Our beloved 1-step diaper with built-in absorbency and waterproof outer shell.  Includes a pocket opening to stuff a doubler or insert when you need extra absorbency.  Inner layer of stay-dry microfleece keeps baby feeling dry and leg gussets are an excellent protection from blowouts.  This is the preferred cloth system of dad's and babysitters and of families on the go.                

Thirsties Diaper Covers are the top-rated wrap on the market!  The design of this cover was inspired by our own personal needs for a full coverage, properly-sized, gusseted cover in array of fun and exciting colors.  Made from a single layer of waterproot laminated fabric, these covers are soft and pliable and can be wiped clean between uses which allows for fewer covers in rotation.

Thirsties Fab Fitted cloth diaper paired with a Thirsties Diaper Cover makes for an incredible marriage you can truly count on.  Using a duet system including a fitted diaper and cover combo provides an extra barrier of elastic to help prevent leaks.  This 2-step method offers the best protection and the velcro closures make changes a snap for even Dad to perform.

Thirsties accessories are available to boost your overall experience and savings when choosing a reusable system.  Our Fab Wipes will save you over $700 alone over the course of birth to potty!  Also available are Fab Doublers and Hemp Inserts to advance the absorbency of your diapers when needed.  Choose a doubler for a daytime enhancement and an insert for nighttime.

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Replies (21-28):
Mrs.McCoy917
by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 7:17 PM

i love my thirsties covers. i wish it had tabs to keep the inserts in place though. i didnt know they had aio or pockets so im going to go check that out now. dh hates the covers and all ways reaches for the pockets. 

BzMama44
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I use Thirstie duo fab fitted diapers which is the newest version of their fitted diaper. I LOVE them!! My entire stash is Thirsties fitted diapers. I also use the Thirsties duo inserts at night that fit right into the pocket in the fitted diaper. I also use the fab wipes and love those too! The only type of wipes I use. I bought custom diaper covers elsewhere so I cannot review the Thirstie covers, but I have not had any leaks with my Thirsties products and don't care to try any other brand...if its not broke...dont fix it...stickin with Thristies for all my cloth diapering needs!

Arsey
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Love the absorbency, hate the aplix.  These diapers are now our out of the house diapers.  One nap time he went to sleep in it and woke up out of it.  the wall, crib and him were disgusting (he was about 10 mo).  Now that he has gotten older I just don't reach for it much, we only tend to use it when all our hemp is being washed and we need it for its absorbency when we leave the house.

LesleySC
by on May. 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I bought one of the Thirsties Duo Wrap covers before my LO was born and it's my favorite, I want more!! I was trying to be most economical and get ones that would grow with her (size 1 is for 6-18 lbs). She was born at 5lbs 4oz to my surprise, but she could wear it after 2 weeks, before 6 lbs, and it has always accomodated her legs that are very skinny (even now at 3 mos). It is so trim, it's better than the other "grow-with-me" type of covers (I have flipz and Gen-y).

PrettyDiapers
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM
I love my Thirsties Duo Wraps. The size 1s were awesome. The only issue I have had with the size 2 is occasionally the snap-down rise buttons come undone. but my little man is crazy! So I think that is more him than a problem with the diaper.

- Tara mommy to Isabella, Wyatt, and Elliette

Follow my Blog, Find me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter, Check out my Tumblr

KylersMom8-16-7
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I started using Thirstie Duo Wraps when my son was 3 weeks. They fit well but I did notice some gapping in the back and he had several blow outs as a result.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DBLMND
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I love thirsties pocket diapers.  They are great for catching poopy diapers, and very absorbant.  I have three more on their way in the mail! :)

Kimsheamc
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have 5 Thirsties Duo Wraps & 1 Thirsties Duo Diaper... all with the Aplix.

First, I will never get velcro again. I loved it at first because I just couldn't seem to get a good fit on my skinny baby with the snaps. But with the Thirsties velcro, we get "wing-droop." (I guess that's what it's called. The sides of the tummy part of the diaper sag.)

At first I liked having the leg gussets because my baby was so skinny. These diapers were a good size for her when she was pretty small. Now she's 5 months and catching up in size, and I just can't get a good fit. I'll think I got the diaper on pretty tight but then later the diaper starts slipping off her. And the leg gussets make her thighs red. And we OFTEN have leaks with these.

What I do like about these diapers... I like that there are 2 sizes. You don't feel like you have to constantly buy new diapers to fit your baby (like with small, med, large diapers,) and it's trimmer fitting than a one-size diaper.

We use the Thirsties Duo inserts inside our wraps and LOVE them! I'm actually going to sell all my wraps (LO is growing out of size 1 now & since I don't really like them, I will not get size 2.) But I'm keeping all the inserts to use in the Flip wrap (which I love!) The inserts are very absorbent and trim. My LO is a heavy wetter and needs changes often. These inserts keep up with her perfectly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)