Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

http://www.bummis.com/en/Index.html

Bummis was started by mothers using cloth diapers on their own babies. At that time, there was a serious lack of good quality, affordable diaper covers on the market. So we set out to fill that niche - designing products that would work on our own babies. Fifteen years later we are still a company owned by mothers! We have grown and changed a lot (as have our babies), but our focus is the same.

We believe that good quality, easy to use and affordable diaper covers make it easy to use cloth diapers. We encourage parents to use cloth diapers because of the many benefits to be had in terms of health, cost, and the environment. For more information on this issue, please see why cotton? (http://www.bummis.com/en/WhyCotton.html)

As a company we feel a deep and abiding responsibility to our employees and to our community. We have made a commitment to never manufacture in a so-called "developing" country, although our costs would be lower and our prices even more competitive. Instead we pay our sewers well for a job well done. We have created a calm and pleasant atmosphere in our factory, one in which we all love to work. Our outside contractors are paid a living wage, and treated with the respect they deserve. Not only is this what we believe as managers and business owners, but it makes sense in the long run because our employees and contractors are the strong base of our success.

Bummis is based in Montreal, Quebec. We operate a fabulous little retail store here - if you are ever in our neck of the woods - please stop by and visit our store! For more information about it, please see our boutique- http://www.bummis.com/en/Boutique.html.

Betsy Thomas

Bummi line!
The Bummi line features our original super lightweight nylon covers. Legendary fit and stretchy, comfortable lycra bindings. Choose from velcro-closing or pull-on pant designs.

Bummi Original
Bummi Cotton
Whisper Pant
Cotton Whisper Pant

Our SUPER line!
Extraordinarily durable products that function super well. All made of an industrial polyester fabric that is soft and comfy but easy to wash and dry.

Super Whisper Wrap
Super Brite
Super Snap
Training Pant

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM
Replies (11-17):
Scribble
by on May. 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I'm exploring diaper covers right now and bought one bummis super bright. First, it's absolutely adorable! I love the colours! I really like that I can close the sticky part of the velcro when I wash them (the other covers I use always attach themselves to the elastics of MY underwear, no one else's lol). I didn't think I'd be able to use it until Merrick would be a bit bigger because it seemed to be a bit too big but i kept it on her all day without any leaks at all. I was really impressed!

Khelmoria
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM
I hated them, at first i loved them because I did not know any better but when I got my thirsties they could not compare
armyofmany
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM

We used prefolds with Bummis wraps for the first 3 months and I loved them.  Then I decided to try pockets one day and will never go back!  LOL  Only because of the convenience, other than that I loved prefolds and my Bummis Super Whisper wraps!

elijahsmama09
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I bought two used, so I am not sure if that affects it or anything, but I they are in good used condition. Anyway, I have two covers, and out of the diapers I have these are by far the worse. I really do not like these at all. They leak every single time I use them, within an hour or two. I think the problem is these are made for the chunky thigh crowd, and my son is tall and thin. Plus liek others have mentioned. They are very stiff and plasticy(that even a word?). I have tried them with prefolds, folded in a trifold and bikini twist. Both leaked. I am going to be getting rid of mine. I will stick to pockets!

BummisMom
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM

LOVE all my Bummis dipes. I have been using the same size medium covers and prefolds for over a year now and they still look like new. You just can't go wrong! The prefolds are softer than any others I've tried and they're organic to boot!

houghmom
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM

That happens with my baby every once in a while.  The pee soaks right through the cover, and i thought that was impossible with pul!  But really, i think it's just a really big pee, not a laundry or brand issue.

RebelFlower
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I find the super brights work better for us just because of the design, Im not sure if its all whisper wraps or just the one i purchased but it didnt have thre extra little pieces of fabric on the leg (whats that called?) that is an extra protection to keep the wet In  the diaper. I have a super wetter so finding a cover to hold for two hours is a challenge!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN