Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Kushies/Kooshies

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.kushies.com/

What are Kushies® diapers made of? Are they better for my baby's skin?

Kushies® diapers are made of several layers of 100% soft cotton flannelette. More and more parents are choosing 100% cotton for their baby's clothing as natural cotton fibres FEEL BETTER. Not only is 100% cotton known to be more comfortable, it's cooler and more natural to your skin, especially on sensitive body parts! Have you noticed the disposable diaper companies emphasizing 'GENTLE TOUCH' - 'SOFT FEEL' - 'COTTON/LIKE' Everyone is trying to get BACK-TO-BASICS.
How well do Kushies® fit?

Proper fit prevents friction on baby's tender skin and will prevent messy leaks. Kushies® contoured fitted diaper has special design features such as a patented built-inflap for extra absorbency, soft leg elastic & adjustable Aplix® closures for snug fit.
In the December 1995 issue of Parents U.K., Kushies® was rated 9 (best out of a scale of 1-10) in overall fit.
**A very small newborn may need extra liners to pad the diaper. You can also adjust the waist tabs by either fastening one over the top of the other horizontally or across in an "X".
Is the elastic used in Kushies® going to last through many washings?

The elastic used in Kushies® was developed after two years of testing. The material is made of 100% rubber and will withstand the most rigerous washing and drying.

LEAVE YOUR REVIEW

GreenMama On A Budget Blog
Just Click The Logo To Check Out That Group!

by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-19):
piperscloset
by on Sep. 23, 2009 at 7:11 PM

i hate the ones i own- the elastic did not last vary long and the cut (inseam) was about two inches to big for my little girls - it made for vary bulky diapers. long gone out of my house for sure. don't buy them you will thank me later.

thanks kara wojkowski

kwojkowski@rochester.rr.com

www.hyneacart.com/pipers-closet

robin111068
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Kushies is the only kind I've ever used.  I had trouble with the first ones, though.  I bought the Ultra diapers and also some used Ultra diapers.  The outer layer became "tough" and started to crack.  I think this was because I have a new washing machine that has a very high spin cycle.  I now own the Ultra Lite diapers and they aren't as plasticy - they are more nylon-y on the outside.  I love them!  It is a little hard to carry my lo around with just his diaper on - he is slippery!!

kristinas8
by on Feb. 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Well, my only experience with Kushie's was 17 years ago. I got a pack of 8 at Sears and liked them at first, because all I had ever used was disposables, but then the velcro irritated my daughters tummy and they began to leak, to the point it was pointless to put a diaper on her. I was young and unexperienced so I'm not even sure if I was caring for them properly.

kristinas8
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Here's my pretty lo in her Kushie...

I wish the pic was bigger. Sorry.

This time around is much better. I've had minimal leakage and these are used from ebay. So, I want more, just cant afford them.

lovemyguys
by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I love the kushis. theya re a little bulky but I ahve never ever had a leak. They are super absorbent! and theya re sooooo soft. I ahve been using them for a year and they still look new. My baby has about out grown them, we may have a month left and I am lookin for some more, Maybe some covers too.

Scribble
by on May. 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I bought some kushies diaper covers and all they did was leak. When I call the lady who runs the cloth diaper service I use, she said they are good, but not for long skinny babies. They work well for the cute chubby babies. Merrick barely has anything chubby on her...as soon as she starts getting a little roll somewhere, she grows and it's gone!

nangel5
by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 9:56 AM

We have some Kushies AIOs.  They are not our favorites, but they do the job.

shymom24
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I have kushies AIO and I LOVE THEm. I wish the outside was softer but oh well.  When I first got them, I had an issue with leaks, but that was because I wasn't getting the legs snug enough. Now she wears them at naps and overnight with no issues. I have no issue with drying them yet as I line dry mine. I found a quilt rack works amazing to line dry these. Takes less time than my dryer would. Because they are so good, I do have to strip them monthly to keep absorbancy up. I wont use anything but these and nannabottoms.

Suz_and_Ash
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I have some Kushies taffeta covers and they work decently. We used them with Gerber prefolds because we wanted to start cding and were on a budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)