Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Least & Most Favorite Brand(s) of Prefold?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 2260 Total Views

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS THREAD IS A DISCUSSION ONLY ABOUT PREFOLDS, FOR OTHER KINDS PLEASE VISIT THE OTHER FAVORITE THREADS. THANKS

This post if for what cloth diapering mamas most and least favorite brands of prefold diapers.

So what's your personal most and least favorite brand(s) of prefold diapers?

Pre-Fold Cloth Diaper- Pre-folded cloth diapers, often referred to as pre-folds, are rectangular cloth diapers that are divided into three sections (left, middle, right). While the number of fabric layers varies by brand, all pre-folds have the thickest layer in the middle, where the absorbency is needed the most.

by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilchikkis
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

i used the ger ber prefolds from walmart, the thick white ones not the thin ones with colors and designs lol and so far i like them well i dont know anything better so yeah...

reddawn1975
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM

My least favorite that I have tried would have to be Gerber prefold both the regular and the diapers service quality.

My favorite would have to be Green Mountain Chinese Prefolds they work great hold up very well (2nd child in them). However I must admit other then Gerber prefolds and some that I got off ebay (don't know the brand) I haven't tried any other kinds. I would love to try a Indian prefold. I may just order 1 off the site to try. LOL

Side Note: I use a Prorap velcro cover with my prefolds they work super good with any diaper fitted or prefold and no need for pins. You only need about 4-6 covers for a washing every other day stash.

Jessica (33),Husband (38)

preview imagepreview image

mmtosam06
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM

i hate prefolds to be honest mi have the gerber 3ply birds eye prefolds & i trried another type of prefold i hate them 

Iamgr8teful
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I used the Gerbers prefolds for months, but didn't think they were very absorbent.  My LOs were always sitting in wetness unless I checked them every 30 minutes.  I like both the Indian and Chinese prefolds that I got from CottonBabies.com.  I don't know the brand name.

I use microfiber inserts for naps and stuffing into pocket diapers for overnight, and I have some cotton inserts that I use, too.  My favorite covers are the Bummis SWW.  I've been happy with the results.  DS's bottom is staying nice and dry, even when the diaper is wet.

LaughterHugs
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 2:04 PM

i ADORE dy-dee prefolds! very absorbant (multiple wets) and easy to clean :) i use dy-dee prefolds with cheeky diaper covers and snappis.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

princemelissas
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I use Little Lions and GMDs (Green Moutain Diapers) I love them both. My LL are softer but GMDs have a lot more ranges in sizes, which I like.

angel miniMELISSA devil mini  Lovin' wifey to DH 10.12.02 SAHM to the loves of my life DD 11.7.03, DS 06.24.05 and DS 01.17.08 

Momma_Thorp
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM

GMD is by far my fav. We loved the reds and now we're into browns. Best I've ever used.

ncfjj
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I LOVE LL prefolds.  The Gerber's are good for an emergency back-up, but the LL hold wonderfully.  I have been using them since my youngest was a new born and love them.  I've bought more for each stage through coops, and the current set should last him up through potty training. 

WAHM to James (3) and Justin (11 months).  Come check out my store Crafts by Christina at the Creative Mamas Congo www.hyenacart.com/creativemamas

BabyBoyMatthew
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 2:42 AM
i am new to cloth diapering and only have gerber prefolds so far, i have the organic ones and the birdseye ones and some other ones i have to double up on them at night to keep from leaking, which i forgot to tonight so we are going to have a middle of the night diaper change...oh well!

I am a Breastfeeding, Sleep sharing, Cloth diapering, Baby wearing, No vaxing, No CIO, Attachment Parenting, Gentle Discipline, Stay-at-home mom!

Rik-E
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 2:46 AM

We ALWAYS have to use a good doubler in a PF, no matter what type or brand. So I prefer the regular Gerber birdseye ones - they fit DD the best. They may be a touch less absorbant but since she wets right through every PF anyways we use the ones that fit perfectly. IMO the Gerber ones also wash up better too.

The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.                Proverbs 29 : 15         Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.      Proverbs 31 : 30

Link for my IHA album. PM for ISO list
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/25704668@N03/sets/72157604784306395/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN