Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Least & Most Favorite Brand(s) of Prefold?

Posted by   + Show Post

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS THREAD IS A DISCUSSION ONLY ABOUT PREFOLDS, FOR OTHER KINDS PLEASE VISIT THE OTHER FAVORITE THREADS. THANKS

This post if for what cloth diapering mamas most and least favorite brands of prefold diapers.

So what's your personal most and least favorite brand(s) of prefold diapers?

Pre-Fold Cloth Diaper- Pre-folded cloth diapers, often referred to as pre-folds, are rectangular cloth diapers that are divided into three sections (left, middle, right). While the number of fabric layers varies by brand, all pre-folds have the thickest layer in the middle, where the absorbency is needed the most.

by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Replies (11-17):
poohafied
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I would have to agree with some of you. I don't care for the Gerber brand at all and I blame those for more people not cd'ing.
Average folks think they can just pick up a pack at their local store and then can't get them to work so they give up on cloth. :(
I have found that I love the GMD's,Little Lions and Tiny Tush. :D

Christina - Work-at-home-Mom to 2 kids (C-boy 6 & E-girl 2)
Diaperchangediapers.com
for your cloth diapering needs.

phoofy
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Gerber brand works great ... as kitchen rags! ;)

We're fans of Little Lions unbleached Indian PFs. Haven't tried any others besides those two though.

forrunner3
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM

The only prefolds I have bought are the gerber ones. So far they work okay. I haven't bought any other ones because I have been making my own.

aydansmomma04
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I have a few types of prefolds... I use the bamino mio ones. I like these because they are very thin, but still are absorbent. They are also very soft.

I use Econobums- These are my favorite! I am not sure what it is about these that I like so much- but I just do. They are absorbent- a bit bulky- but I know she will not leak in these prefolds! They also wash up so well and are so soft.

I also have gerber prefolds- I don't mind them but they are a bit rougher and don't hold as much. They are my "oh crap! I have to do diaper laundry" diapers. I use them when everything else is dirty.

CrunchyMother
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM

OsoCozy (unbleached) prefolds are the BEST! My daughter is a heavy wetter and never leaks through at night (not a once). I bought them on Amazon. Cloth diapers are best found ONLINE by WAHM's or other online retailers. Gerber is not really up that ally.

Kermitthemom23
by Knowing HYBRIDs ?s on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I had the OsoCozy Indian Cotton ones too, and those suckers would hold ANYTHING!!  In fact the other day I used one to soak up a full qt of spilled liquid off the counter, and it picked the whole thing up in one shot!!

I used them mostly with Kawaii covers.

wendykohtz
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM

We love our Green Mountain Diaper prefolds!!  We use the organic ones and have never had a problem with leaking or a stink issue.  They are also so easy to bleach in the sun if they get stained.  I can't comment on least fav, as GMD are all we've ever used.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)