Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cosmetic Glitter?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 640 Total Views

How do you get it to stay on when you use it? I have several kinds of glitter and I want to know how to get it to stay on my face and not get all over everything,lol! Got any tips ladies?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kastania38
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Good question puffy lol i have no idea never used it lol Cant wait on the responses.

kurokitty21
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Theres a couple things you can do depending on what exactly you want. If you want it like a liner then just mix a bit of the glitter with something like visene to make it almost like a paste kinda texture, not to wet, know what i mean??  For something less harsh you could go get like one of those roll on wet glitters (the ones we used when we were like 10 lol) and just roll it on or whatever and before it dries, pat the glitter on. I also had a MAC glitter liner my friend gave me, which didnt show as much as i wanted, so i used that the same way.
Theres a few other things you can do that I can't think of right now though. Glitter is awesome....

mommyoftoddlers
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 1:04 AM
You want it like on just a certain spot? Glitter just spreads momma but it's soo cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurokitty21
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 2:31 AM

This makes me think of when i was younger. Here's a pic of me at 15 ish maybe 16. This was seriously a weekly look lol.

Differnt days, same look lol. It's hard to tell with the crappy pic quality, but its litterally glitter on the entire lid to my brow. With super thick amounts of black liner. It was ridiculous. I loved it. My eyelids crunched from all the glitter LOLOLOLOL. So awesome. Glitter rocks.

SurgarPuff
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM

LOL, love the looks. My step-mom would have strangled me if I tried to  pull that off at that age. She didn't even let me have nail polish until I was 10.

So, mix the glitter with mixing medium and just kind of pat it on where i want it? I am using severa different kinds for my princess look :)

kurokitty21
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

HAHA yeah I started my makeup experiments early lol.   If you're using it like a liner sorta thing then mix it first. If you want it all over like i have in those pix then you have to get something to put on your skin first then pat the glitter on top. Like if you go to the drugstore im sure theres some kind of wet type of glitter that you could use as a base for the loose glitter. know what I mean?

kurokitty21
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM

oh and no matter what it will still get all over everything lolololololl

PenelopesMom
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM

What about putting on an eye primer and then patting on the glitter while the primer's still a bit sticky?

kurokitty21
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

It prob would depend on the primer. The one I use really doesnt work because its not like a wet primer. But if you have a cream base or primer it could work. :)

Quoting PenelopesMom:

What about putting on an eye primer and then patting on the glitter while the primer's still a bit sticky?

PenelopesMom
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

The one I have is cream based, but I'm thinking it might end up splotchy. Like, the glitter would stick to some places and not others. Hang on a sec...

LOL, okay I just googled it. People are mostly saying for glitter to stick to eyes, use chapstick, clear lip gloss, or cream eye primer (score!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)