Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

End of the year Beach Party--Deciding to re-join Charter or file R4

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

Friday was the boys end of the school year beach party with their charter school. The day started out cloudy & cool but it turned sunny & warm for a beautiful beach day! Awesome :) The beach had a fun playground that the kids played on followed by sand castle building "contests".

This summer I will be deciding if we will join back up with the charter or file R4 (independent homeschool). I enjoy the special days & group fun & I'll be honest, it's hard to rally a group of R4 homeschoolers together, well, that's from my experience, to have a "fun day". Unless you're good friends already. And we've met a couple of friends here, with the typical homeschool lifestyle--VERY busy. We can't sign up for a year 10-11 co-op because we won't be here and many co-ops crash and burn anyway, they're usually free & parents flake out.  But the charter school is going through an adjustment phase and I'm not sure I really like their new planning for this upcoming year. Economics is one reason for their changes but I think another may be completely personal. Which is not fair, it should be all about the kids. 

But it's so hard to decide to file R4 when I do know there are great benefits to the charter like this beach day--very fun!

Ok--tried to add pictures with issues! grrr! Will upload to photobucket & then add to this post this afternoon---

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Liansmommie
by on May. 31, 2010 at 2:47 AM

We go the charter route. I haven't got the organization skills to be responsible for a curriculum. Plus I really like having a teacher to fall back on. Luckily for us we still have the flexibility to structure the lessons in a way that suits us. So for now we are happy and while this wasn't any easier than public school, at least I know he passed because he earned it and not because his teachers didn't want him back.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 
~~I'm New Here Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)