Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad for posting this...

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

I feel really bad posting this since MedicMommy and CC didn't get their BFPs this month... My heart goes out to you two ladies...

All of my urine HPTs were negative, and so I just figured that it was a no go this month.  I had to go to the ER last Tuesday(10/19) because I got cut by a broken glass.  I asked them to do a blood test before doing x-rays but they said urine was fine... BFN...  then on Thursday I went to see the hand surgeon because that glass had cut through tendon, muscle, and nerve.  He told me we could either do a block or put me out.. I told him the only way he was putting me out was to do a blood test (Ok.. I'm stubborn... I'll admit it... all of these BFNs and I'm still holding out for hope) and he said sure... I went to the lab and went home.  No news yet so on the way to the hospital for surgery I decided to call the Infertility clinic to get results.  She says "It's positive at 22... but that number was low so can you go to one of the outlying clinics for bloodwork on Saturday?"  So... I had more bloodwork and waited for Monday... I went ahead with the surgery on Friday because it was imperitive to get the nerve repaired and so they did the block.  Right after surgery I went to the bathroom and there was pink blood so I thought the pregnancy was over as quickly as it started, but the bleeding stopped a little while later and hasn't come back.. On Monday I called ALL day with no answers... finally on Tuesday(10/26) I went in early for my hand appointment and stopped by OB to demand my results!  I needed a 44, and got a 47 - talk about surprised!  My first OB appointment is on Wednesday (11/3).    I won't be 100% excited about this pregnancy until I see the heart beating since my IUI in April ended in D&C in late May due to low numbers and in the end started falling on their own..

Thanks for listening to me ramble, and again I'm sooo sorry that MedicMommy and CC didn't their dreams come true...

by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CoachyMom
by Group Owner on Oct. 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM

COngrats!  Stick little bean STICK! 

CnKsMommy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Thank you so much for your response!  I'm keeping everything crossed that I have a H&H 9 months!

MedicMommy
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Girl!!! Please don't feel bad for posting!! You have every right to shout it from the rooftops! I'm happy for you :)

I'm really in an ok place. It will happen for me, it just might take some time, and I'm ok with that. I've learned to appreciate pregnancy in a way I never would have, so this has really been a bit of a gift.

I'm so happy for you! Reading about BFP's gives me hope, so please don't feel that you have to hide one!

CC711
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Congrats! Dont feel bad i said i will still be here for u guys! When it is my time it will happen.I am so happy for u and keep us posted!!

candcsmom2008
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Best of luck momma

CnKsMommy
by Member on Nov. 1, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Thank you ladies!  If I were standing next to you, I'd give you a big hug!  My first OB appointment is on Wednesday... I know I'm not going to rest easy until I see that little heartbeat on the monitor, after having the m/c in May...

Hugs & LOTS of sticky BabyDust!

Kathy

candcsmom2008
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I know the feeling I had a M/C in Dec of 2008 and so I feel like I am on excitement hold till I hear the heartbeat hopefully on the 17th my nurse said she will be approved by the Dr to do an U/S. Best of luck momma

CnKsMommy
by Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Well ladies... it has taken almost a year to be able to get back onto CafeMom... I was just devistated! I wound up losing my pregnancy last year and we decided to wait on TTC until June... well... June, July, and August all came and went because everytime my cycle showed up, my husband went out to sea... we're trying this month tho - I'll hold him hostage if I have to! lol  Everyone keep your fingers crossed... CD13 they're doing the scan and the IUI on CD14... I'll let you know how it turned out...

CoachyMom
by Group Owner on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck ro you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)