Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Kind of Cache

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 530 Total Views

Poll

Question: Favorite Kind of Geocache

Options:

Micros

Hikes

Quick Find non Micros

Very Cleaver Micros

Large Caches

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Do you like Micros? Hard to find Micros? Do you like Hikes? Do you like easy finds?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxmommy3
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2007 at 11:48 PM
My all-time favorite one was a 3 parter - it took us 1.5 hours to find it and we covered 2 miles getting there.  it was a standard ammo container, but it took so long to find all the clues, we felt like we really accomplished something.  It's been 3 years now, and my kids are still talking about it!
MichelleMc
by Group Owner on Aug. 10, 2007 at 6:42 AM
That is cool. I like Multi's when we have time to put in them.
stacey6923
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:37 PM
We just recently discovered Geo-caching, and love it.  However, we don't know much about it.  Has anyone done it in Colorado?  Any reccommendations?

Stacey

http://www.cafemom.com/home/stacey6923

MichelleMc
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Welcome Stacy! Never cached in Colorado ( Only been there once, YEARS & YEARS ago ).

MTbrowneyes
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM
My favorite was one in Pensacola - Want some cheese.  It's a micro and VERY hard. It took us a few tries - and the reason it's called "Want some cheese" is, if you want a hint you have to "whine" to get it. It was worth every trip! I love those kind.
badylugs80
by Member on Feb. 23, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Quoting MTbrowneyes:

My favorite was one in Pensacola - Want some cheese. It's a micro and VERY hard. It took us a few tries - and the reason it's called "Want some cheese" is, if you want a hint you have to "whine" to get it. It was worth every trip! I love those kind.
I haven't found "want some cheese" yet, but I may have to add it to my roster for tomorrow! I love hiding multi's but we love finding the larger caches. My children get bored if there isn't a treasure at the end. Tomorrow we are taking the in-laws out for a hunt!
frdtrkgrl
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 11:19 PM
I am so sick of micro's!!  My dh and I went out caching on Sunday and I said absolutly no micro's!!  We did find a couple of nano's though (cause the container said "other") I don't mind finding micro's or nano's as long as there is a hunt and it's not just a skirt lifter!

We have a guy here who's handle is "darkmoon"  he hides a lot of caches and he has some really evil camo...I love doing his!!

I really like the hike ones when we are with the kids because of the time it gives us all to be together!
LOSTMom815
by Member on Sep. 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM

I like the larger caches, it's more fun for my boys to trade trinkets.  I tend to do alot more micros because that's what is closest to my house.  I do love to hike, but haven't been able to walk too far being pregnant.  I don't want to be in the middle of the woods and have something happen!

I enjoy finding homemade or unusual containers, thery are the ones I tend to remember the most.  Sometimes my boys are sure that we have even found it because it's not the typical ammo box.

deira
by Member on Sep. 4, 2008 at 8:06 PM

I like the hikes - or at least a walk...It's hard to go too far with 2 little ones!  I also like caches that are in cool places like historical landmarks or a place that is special to a town.  We went caching one time in a town close to us and had the most fun - we saw so many historical things that we didn't even know were so close to us!  Here are a few pics:

GardenPrincess
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Multi-caches are fun and I do like the larger ones. The micros are ok, but not as much fun. I need to place a geocoin and travel bug and so far have come up with just micros.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)