Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mesh?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 494 Total Views

I am offering this material starting in the July 1st Co Op.  I wanted to first try to use it and see if it was something that could possibly be used in cloth diapering.  I know that there are more than cloth diapering ladies here so the use of this material is up to you, but as far as CDing this is what I was thinking it could be used as.

If you are familiar with Pampers Swaddlers, they have a "technology" they call Dry Max. Its basically this mesh type layer on the inside of the diaper.  Its the layer right next to babys skin.  It is supposed to pull moisture away (wick) and allow supreme breatheablility.  It actually is a real cool concept and does indeed work. My girls used swaddlers when they were born and still do when in emergency.  The mesh was also great at trapping newborn blow out poo, because it would get trapped in the holes of the mesh. 

So I found this great material when out looking for fabric suppliers.  Its like fishnet pantyhose in the way it feels but stronger and thicker.  I dont recall if it is Nylon or Polyester.  I made a fitted diaper using it for my girls.  The inner is the mesh, outer is French Terry and there are multiple hidden soaker layers.

I love the way the diaper looks, they have tested it, but no poopies in it yet to test (darn).  The inner of the diaper feels absolutely dry after a few hours on so it wicks great.

Here are a couple views:

NIFTY THRIFTY FABRICS AND NOTIONS CO OPALL YOUR NOTIONS AND FABRIC NEEDS FOR CLOTH DIAPERING AND MORE!!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcDougal
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I've been wanting some to make Luke some swim diapers!

athas
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I wonder how hard it would be to clean out the poopy diaper.

Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:15 AM

oh wow! i didnt even think of swim diapers!!  They had some really bright colors too.  So what material do you use as the outer of a swim dipe.  i really need to find a tutorial on swim dipes.

Quoting CMcDougal:

I've been wanting some to make Luke some swim diapers!

NIFTY THRIFTY FABRICS AND NOTIONS CO OPALL YOUR NOTIONS AND FABRIC NEEDS FOR CLOTH DIAPERING AND MORE!!!

Margarita907
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I am interested in this.  Looks like it might be good to try.  What colors would you have and how much would it cost?

Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Currently I am offering this color only because I can't remember the other colors, but I will visit the vendor this week to get other color options.

Quoting Margarita907:

I am interested in this.  Looks like it might be good to try.  What colors would you have and how much would it cost?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydens_mom620
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:39 AM

thats the same kinda stuff Grobaby/GroVia uses on their shells!  they use that to cover the PUL, then have the soaker part thats removable!

Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Jun. 15, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Oh wow! That's cool that we can make dipes with the same stuff. I'm gonna go look that up.

Quoting aydens_mom620:

thats the same kinda stuff Grobaby/GroVia uses on their shells!  they use that to cover the PUL, then have the soaker part thats removable!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydens_mom620
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:38 PM

check it out, you can see the mesh here:

Margarita907
by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I really want some of this!!!! I would prefer white, but will take pink if that is all you can get!  Let me know please!  Can't wait to order!!

aydens_mom620
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Oh, I just seen something that may boost your sales........................wait for it.................

making WATER slings out of it!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)