Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minky PUL?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 641 Total Views

Someone mentioned this in another group I'm in, and now I have it on my brain.  Would it be possible to do a minky PUL co-op?  I can't find the stuff anywhere that isn't super expensive.

air forceAir Force Wife, Mom of two princesses!twin girls

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Minky PUL?  Is that Minky lined with PUL? I have not heard of that.

mykidsteacher
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM

It's minky that has been sent off to one of the laminating companies to be laminated, so you don't have to use a hidden layer of PUL.

Bamanna
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM
I love this stuff!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommymo08
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM

AND what we can find is all girly!!!  We would all be ALLLLLLL over this!  Even if it means waiting a while while something gets professionaly laminated!  I personally wouldnt even mind paying WAYYY in advance to ge some!!!

Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Mar. 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Ok so take the minky prints I can get...I buy some yardage and send it to a laminator and then they do their thing and send it back to me? I don't have a vendor for laminating...do any of you know one I could contact? I may need an admin to help me on this one. But this sounds really cool cus I can get tons of different minky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommymo08
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Oh I am so excited!  I know of a mamma on etsy that has this done, I cansee if she will share her vendor with us!

Jamaica_Gyal
by Badonka Dipes on Mar. 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM

That would be great.  I dont have high minimums on the minky that I get cause I come back monthly to order so its easy getting the minky. As long as the laminator doesnt have a problem too then this is great.

Quoting Mommymo08:

Oh I am so excited!  I know of a mamma on etsy that has this done, I cansee if she will share her vendor with us!

Mommymo08
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

oksy so she sends it to a middle "man" who sends it to a laminator, and the yahoo groups she sends it through require all these qustionaires and applications to join the groups...I applied for one, the other I couldnt get the form to open...so really I havent gotten very far on being much of a help!  She did say she gets charged 5$/yard with 1-3 yard mins depending on which group. PLUS shipping back and forth!  Certainly would be better to find something with a higher min that is more economical I think

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)