Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

precious dial up

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  • 17 Replies

I don't know about anyone else, but I live on a farm in the middle of backwoods Pennsylvania. I have satellite tv and dial up internet. It is a real pain sometimes but even as slow as it is it keeps me connected. I say all that to say this, I really wish we didn't have to wait for energy to build up on Baker Street. I serve about 10 people before I have to wait 20 min. for more energy. The jades do me no good at all, it takes over a min for my next page to load! I love the game ,I think it's cute but I do a lot more waiting than playing.

by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amommyslife03
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM

i'm right there with ya i'm in the fricken middle of no where n northern nh  in town 12 miles away they have high speed but us we are on dial up :( n mine takes even longer than that to load most times  its sucks sooo bad   i'v said it a couple of time i wish cafemom could be a lil more dial up friendly   idk about you but i have to use aol to log on n thats an issue all by its self  good luck trying to play the game

heathermichelle
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM

The energy actually builds up quicker here than it did with Latte Land.

lil_Army_Wife05
by Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I agree with this.

The ones who still use dial up ( I didn't they even still had that).....I've heard you can get internet using your dish..I don't know how much more it cost or anything.

Quoting heathermichelle:

amommyslife03
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

I agree with this.

The ones who still use dial up ( I didn't they even still had that).....I've heard you can get internet using your dish..I don't know how much more it cost or anything.

Quoting heathermichelle:

hey yea they still have stupid dial up but at least its something  yea they do have internet threw the dish but i know with direct tv cause thats who we have  they want $500 for the equipment then $? for instelation n then $49-79 amo for the mo fee of use n prob will be a rent charge knowing them  its reducilous  weve been a constumer with them for almost 11yrs n they will not even give us the equipment or discount nothing     we can get FREE to all except the mo fee is we cancel our account for 3months n then we would be concidered as new costumers when we come back but we arnt gonna do that hubby gets the football-baseball packages so he can watch his teams n i get the showtime (like right now) for big brother  its more of a hassel to cancle then keep it

beadahlia
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

yes I looked into the satellite internet, I just cant afford it. dsl is approx 30.00 a month and not available here, satellite is twice as much. So until the prices go down, I will just have to deal with it. I guess I was just hoping the game would exclude any time related things.

WoodWitch
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I really feel for you girls.  I was on dial up last year.  I never had a problem with Latte Land.  After 10 years of dial up, I managed to get AT&T DSL for only $10 a month.  It was life changing!  It was actually cheaper than the dial up....LOL...  I am wondering if a different browser might speed up your gaming.  I know that when I switched to FireFox everything was better.

beckie66
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Quoting WoodWitch:

I really feel for you girls.  I was on dial up last year.  I never had a problem with Latte Land.  After 10 years of dial up, I managed to get AT&T DSL for only $10 a month.  It was life changing!  It was actually cheaper than the dial up....LOL...  I am wondering if a different browser might speed up your gaming.  I know that when I switched to FireFox everything was better.

Amen to that!!!

WoodWitch
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Quoting beckie66:

Quoting WoodWitch:

Amen to that!!!

Actually a little FireFox and Linux solved all my issues... ROFL

amommyslife03
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:39 PM

our prob here is THEY are SOO far behind its crazy they just put cell towers up 2 yrs ago n got power up here about 12-15yrs ago (not joking) n the first 5 tele poles at the town line are high speed just so they could say its in our town       as for firefox it dosenot like my comp neather dose explor they load WAY to slowwwww

WoodWitch
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Quoting amommyslife03:

our prob here is THEY are SOO far behind its crazy they just put cell towers up 2 yrs ago n got power up here about 12-15yrs ago (not joking) n the first 5 tele poles at the town line are high speed just so they could say its in our town       as for firefox it dosenot like my comp neather dose explor they load WAY to slowwwww

WOW is all I can say on that. 

Have you tried Chrome?  I have heard alot of peeps say it is much faster than IE/Firefox. 

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN