• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Racism AGAINST white people

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1761 Total Views

Do you believe that people can be racist against white people?

Have you personally experienced this (performing or receiving the racisim)?

What about experiencing racial stereotyping? Does this qualify as outward racism?

What do you think can be done to help alleviate the idea that you can't be racist against a white person?

Party Balloons Child Birthday Ticker
Join my group for EUROPEAN AMERICAN MAMAS!
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RissaBusch
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Well, I'm white and can honestly say I've never experience any racism for being white.  I've even visited primarily Black universities (Hampton, Norfolk State) and even there never experienced anything but welcome.  

I've encountered a lot of religious bigotry but not racism.  Muslim is not a race LOL, it's a religion.  Lots of people think I've middle eastern and will throw racial slurs at me but I'm not so they just look even more stupid. 

So I think racism exists against white people.  Of course.  I've just never personally experienced it.

SillyRooster
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Quote:

Do you believe that people can be racist against white people? YES

Have you personally experienced this (performing or receiving the racisim)? YES (see below)

What about experiencing racial stereotyping? Does this qualify as outward racism? NO... stereotyping and hate are not the same thing.

What do you think can be done to help alleviate the idea that you can't be racist against a white person? Empathy? I don't know & I don't care to help alleviate the idea of racism against a white person.  I'd rather racism .period. was alleviated!

When I was about 12 years old my sister and I attended a carnival sponsored by a community center.  My sister volunteer tutored at this community center, therefore we felt we were allowed to attend.  The carnival had typical carnival rides.  My sister and I were waiting to go on one the rides when the crowd around us started shouting hateful things at us.  We were surrounded and scared.  The ride operator saw what was going on and told us to get on the ride to get us out of there.  We left the carnival after that ride.

-Dani, mother hen to one SillyRooster
Radarma
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Absolutely I believe it can and does happen, WAY MORE now that we are in the Obama admin era.

It's like open season on white people.

I have been told, by black women that:

"All whites want to wipe out other cultures..."
"All whites want to rule the world."
"Whites are the most violent and evil people in the world."
"Whites are a mistake, they are a mutation, a genetic mutation"
"All whites are racist"

personally, I have been called:

"cracka cunt"
"Liar"
"Bitch"
"hood wearer"
"white supremecist"....

WHY? Um, because I joined a racial discussion group online and asked questions, go figure!

Interestingly enough, ONLINE is the ONLY place I experience this degree of overt racism.

And no, I know not "all black people" feel that way, but enough of them DO to make me highly concerned about what our children are being raised under.

It is atrocious to me.

I am sick of people seeing a white person and immediately assuming "oh they are white, therefore they are racist..." and then they treat the white person as such. LUDICROUS!

I am tired of all the fucking blame. Personally, I had ZERO to do with enslavement and the past and the chip on some people's collective shoulders is enough to suffocate many.

Hell, I have even seen women tell other black women that they do not "derserve" their black skin because they disagree with something a woman had said.

It is VICIOUS and it is all I can do to separate myself from that degree of pure hate and remind myself that NOT ALL people carry that shit around everyday.

chica1965
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I have never faced racisim because of being white 

I have been discriminated by whites for  speaking out against racisim and bigotry  .

I  met people who dislike me  who happen to be black .

But no I have never  experienced that   I have been embraced by almost ever culture I have encountered .

mychildandi
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Yes it is real and yes I consider it racism...I had a girlfriends ex-boyfriend tell me that white people were getting in my head because I chose to name my son Louis and it was a white name. I was told that not only do I act and talk white now I was giving the white people the pleasure of laughing at me by choosing one of their names they gave to slaves. Then when he saw my SO and I at the restaurant where he works he went back and told her that I really became a traitor by dating a Ted Bundy looking cracker. LMAO what a freaking racist idiot! Those are some the stupid ignorant things which I've heard and think is complete racism.

Radarma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Quoting mychildandi:

Yes it is real and yes I consider it racism...I had a ex-girlfriends boyfriend tell me that white people were getting in my head because I chose to name my son Louis and it was a white name. I was told that not only do I act and talk white now I was giving the white people the pleasure of laughing at me by choosing one of their names they gave to slaves. Then when he saw my SO and I at the restaurant where he works he went back and told her that I really became a traitor by dating a Ted Bundy looking cracker. LMAO what a freaking racist idiot! Those are some the stupid ignorant things which I've heard and think is complete racism.

"I was told that not only do I act and talk white now "

I have heard this from many black women...you are not alone!

.JessicaRabbit.
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I left that group, it was ridiculous. All I saw there was white woman this, white women that, and how they know everything and we know nothing... I definitely felt that if I had had more to say and more questions to ask, I'm sure I would have been called a racist. As far as real life goes, no, I have yet to experience that, at least not that I know of.

AlexsMomAuburn
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Quoting roxy85:

Do you believe that people can be racist against white people? Yes

Have you personally experienced this (performing or receiving the racisim)? Yes

What about experiencing racial stereotyping? Does this qualify as outward racism? I have been stereotyped and I wouldn't classify it as racism

What do you think can be done to help alleviate the idea that you can't be racist against a white person? There is nothing that anyone can do o change the minds of people that won't listen.

I worked for an airline that was based in Atlanta and a large percentage of our company was black. Many of the people there were great and I still talk to them on a regular basis. A few, however, were blatantly racist against whites.

One man I flew with for 3 days would move black people to business class just because they were black when he was in the lead position. This really didn't bother me too much (except for the fact that he shouldn't have upgraded them just because they didn't pay for it, weren't military, or didn't work for the company). 

The worst that I had happen to me was that I picked up a 3 day trip with 2 girls that buddy bid (flew all their trips together). Like normal, I got on the plane, introduced myself, and asked which position I was flying (I was junior to them).

One of the girls looked me dead in the eyes and said, "We don't like white people". That was the only thing they said to me the entire 3 days we flew together. To make it worse they made me the middle position, which means I sat next to one of them on the jumpseat and worked the cart with the other. The girl I worked the cart with would not ask me for things from the galley and instead would ring a call button, the friend would come back and ask what she needed, and then go get it for her.

This same trip we had a diversion from Gulf Port to Pennsecola (where they left me alone with 117 angry passengers while they hid in the bathrooms) and I had to call the cops in DC because a guy pulled down his pants and started stroking himself while staring at me in the elevator. 

Worst trip ever. 

chica1965
by on Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Is that a reply to this post ?  I'm lost   lol 

Quoting .JessicaRabbit.:

I left that group, it was ridiculous. All I saw there was white woman this, white women that, and how they know everything and we know nothing... I definitely felt that if I had had more to say and more questions to ask, I'm sure I would have been called a racist. As far as real life goes, no, I have yet to experience that, at least not that I know of.

dustinsmom1
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Absolutely Blacks can be racist against Whites. And yes, it seems more prevalent, or more "OK" since Obama took office. I have experienced racism towards myself on far too many occasions. I remember as a child being chased down by a group of Black kids, (it was myself and my 2 neighbors, all 3 of us white the oldest all of nine, the youngest 5) for playing on the "wrong playground and being White. They would have beaten us severely had they caught us. I grew up in a culturally diverse neighborhood and more then once was subject to violence and anger due to my skin color. (or lack there of)

I had a women call me a fucking "White" Bitch because I was apparently taking too long buckling my son into his car seat at the airport/ (my father had done a poor job of parking and I was forced to load him on the traffic side, we were in no way blocking the lane completely) Had I turned and called her a "Black" bitch, you know all hell would,ve broken loose.

I experiecne racism every day here on Good Ol CafeMom, though they deny it like the plague.

One that can be done is for people to stop blaming others for things they cannot change, for people to stop dwelling on the past and start working towards a brighter better future. Nothing will ever be accomplished in we cannot be allowed to move forward.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)